Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorenita Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 10:00 AM
    English conversation practice
    Can anybody help me to improve my English by talking?
    I'm a Spanish girl who is studying to become English teacher
    And... I will really appreciate your help.
    We can talk about any topic ;)Thanks!
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 10:04 AM

Your English is very good, perhaps better than some whose native language is English :)

What are your hobbies?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 10:07 AM

We may have to ban half of the posters, we wouldn't want for you to pick up on any bad English habits.

Maybe we need a preliminary test before you can you them to train with.

By the way, I think this will be a wonderful tool to help you learn the language. In writing it is easier because you will have time to understand the information at your own pace.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 10:47 PM

Hi, lorenita!

Sure, I would like to help you! Music and other arts would be a couple of my specialties.

Thanks!

Apr 17, 2009, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    Your English is very good, perhaps better than some whose native language is English :)

What are your hobbies?

Sorry! I don't know if I did something wrong because I don't understand too much how to
    Use this page. Please! I'm sorry!
    Can I have your email address? I would like to talk to you if it is possible

Apr 17, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, lorenita!

Sure, I would like to help you! Music and other arts would be a couple of my specialties.

Thanks!
    Hi! Thank you very much!
    Is any way to talk instead of writing in here?
    I like music and arts too!
    Thanks a lot!

Apr 17, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    We may have to ban half of the posters, we wouldn't want for you to pick up on any bad English habits.

Maybe we need a preliminary test before you can you them to train with.

By the way, I think this will be a wonderful tool to help you learn the language. In writing it is easier because you will have time to understand the information at your own pace.
    Is it good or not if you are unfamiliar with this?
    I've just found this page to try to find people to talk to in English
    And I would like to practice by msn if it is possible
    What do you think? Thanks anyway!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 07:04 AM

lorenita:

Necesito practicar mi espanol; por lo tanto, puede hablar conmigo.

Apr 17, 2009, 07:08 AM
    I'm very sorry nikosmon... if I did or said something wrong... I'm so sorry!!

Apr 17, 2009, 07:08 AM
    I'm very sorry nikosmom... if I did or said something wrong... I'm so sorry!!
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 07:27 AM

Hola Lorenita,
    Como esta' hoy? Es viernes!!
    Que tal?

It takes a while to learn to use the site and we are patient people. We would love to talk with you but it will be best to stay on this site for now.

Where were you born? What country? Que ciudad?

Talk to you soon! :)

Apr 17, 2009, 07:52 AM

How can I talk to you? Shoul it be through here? I mean... through this question or how?
    I was born in Spain, in Cuenca. And you?
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 08:01 AM

Lorenita, I'm in the United States, North Carolina specifically.

Your English is better than most people on this forum! I think you can teach them the English language.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 08:17 AM

lorenita when you sayimprove yourenglish I think some people think that you want to practice it on here by typing, but I think you mean by actually talking in person which is a good way to improve your language skills :)
    But I also think that anybody would be hesitant in talking to someone they have never met before over the internet.

Apr 17, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    lorenita when you sayimprove yourenglish i think some people think that you want to practice it on here by typing, but i think you mean by actually talking in person which is a good way to improve your language skills :)
    but i also think that anybody would be hesitant in talking to someone they have never met before over the internet.
    So, what is your advice?
    How can I talk to people my messenger?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2009, 08:51 AM

Hmmm well it is a tricky one, maybe you will find someone who will gladly talk with you over the internet, another idea might be to watch english TV programs or rent films and play them in english and repeat what they say, just throwing it out there, good luck anyhoo :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2009, 09:05 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, lorenita!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenita View Post
    Hi! Thank you very much!
    Is any way to talk instead of writing in here?
    I like music and arts too!
    Thanks a lot!
    Hi again, lorenita!

Unfortunately, this site is about typing questions and answers between people only. Also, once a thread has been started, things need to stay on the thread.

However, I have been successful in posting links to sound files that are on other sites here. If you would like to record yourself and actually have other people hear you, that may be a way to do it.

I also think that writing is a good way for a person to learn about speaking in a language better.

What sort of things in music or the arts are you interested in? Do you play a musical instrument or sing?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phone conversation [ 5 Answers ]

When you are talking to another party do they have to inform you before they start recording the phone conversation?

Conversation Topics [ 11 Answers ]

Hey everyone! This is a rather simple question, but some answers would go a long way in helping. Basically I find that every time I talk with my girlfriend I always ask her how her day was, what was the best part of her day, and what she plans on doing the next day. I'll also ask her about how...

What does our conversation mean? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 years and I broke up with him 3 years ago because I was insecure. We went a year without speaking and over two years without seeing each other. Since then I have seen him a few times (lunch, hang out) usually his idea. Last week he called and asked if I wanted to go to...

Taped conversation [ 2 Answers ]

Good afternoon, I would like to know if a taped conversation on the phone is admissible in court? It happpened like this. First Incident - My husband's Aunt called up a relative of hers, that she has problem with, and had a very nasty conversation with her on the phone. The relative taped...

Intimate conversation? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband starting talking to a woman -- started business. She used to call him all of the time and now he calls her and talks to her for an hour at a time about his life, favorite vacation spots, his feelings, and everything going on with him at his work. I feel like this is inappropriate...

View more questions Search