Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redcase Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Threat of judgement
    Due to extenuating circumstances (accident, loss of work), I have become extremely overextended in credit card debt. I signed up with a debt conslodation company in 9/08 but they only took the debts that hadn't yet been turned over to attorneys. I just received a notice of hearing from an atty. Representing a credit card company. My debt to that company is in excess of $11,000.
    Should I file bankruptcy? I am a Realtor and the market is extremely slow in my area so I have no steady, consistent income, therefore I have been reluctant to commit to set amount monthly payments. I am a divorced 50 year old woman & clearly, have no handle on what to do. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 16, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Does bankruptcy wipe out a judgement
    If I file for bankruptcy after a judgement is filed against me will the judgement be wiped out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 04:37 PM

So many "ifs" what type of property do you own, houses, rental property? Do you own a lot of cars.

Without a complete review of all of your property and debts, it is hard to say

Apr 16, 2009, 04:48 PM
    I own my home, along with my lender. I have one car, which I owe 4 more payments on. Thanks...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email Threat [ 6 Answers ]

Okay so I go to this college in NY Monroe Community College And I have a student email. Our password starts as our birthdays and I never went on it thus never changed my password. Someone went onto my email and sent a threatening email to an adviser and because my name was stamped to it, I...

Threat of miscarriage [ 4 Answers ]

I'm around 5 weeks pregnant and from yesterday night I'm having a light brown color discharge and even I was having backache and lower abdominal pain but since yesterday after having that brown discharge (very little) all my pregnancy symptoms have also gone. Now I'm bit worried . I've already...

BBC and the global warming threat [ 3 Answers ]

How many BBC news articles have there been in the past five years on global warming that present it as a legitimate threat to the earth as opposed to the articles that present it as a hoax?

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search