Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PGorgonne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Replace Glass Shade of Ceiling Fan
    The glass shade of my ceiling fan has broken and I would like to replace it. It is Southwind V Model 434369. Who do I contact for a replacement?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 10:22 AM

If you can't get the same glass shade for your fan you may want to buy a whole new set of shades. They can be purchased at any do it yourself store and come in a variety of different shapes, colors, etc. I have an extensive collection of different fan glass shades so that when I get tired of one "look", I can easily trade up to another "look". Expect to spend between $3-$5 per shade depending on how fancy you want them. I've spent up to $10 a shade for some really fancy ones.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 10:26 AM

That is a model and you need to know the brand, I think it may be Hampton Bay. Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans - Ceiling Fans N More Also this thread may be worth you saving and using. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...ons-46738.html Ceilingfanrepair isn't here 24/7, must actually have a job, but he does a great job with answers and research.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2009, 10:54 PM

Contact the numbers in the link Ballenger provided. It is HB.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I choose wattage or # of bulbs or size or shade in bedroom ceiling light [ 1 Answers ]

What do I look for if I need a hangy down light like a pendant or chain to use in a bedroom center of the ceiling situation with a sloped ceiling and I want the light to point straight down, so can't go with flat flush mounted fixture because it follows the slope--where you flip a wall switch and...

Replacement Glass for Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased a Hampton Bay, Cabrera 52" ceiling fan from Home Depot about a year ago and now want to replace the tea colored glass with a white one to obtain better light. Is there anywhere online where I can do that? Please direct me to the site. Thanks.

How to make a drum shade pendant out of lamp shade [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently purchased a fabulous drum lamp shade. I'd like to turn it into a hanging hardwired lighting fixture to hang from my ceiling. Is there a special kit to do this? I cannot afford to just buy a drum shade fixture already made. They are rather pricey (for our budget). Thanks!

Can I replace glass for pilot light window? [ 1 Answers ]

We have an older Coleman wall Natural Gas heater. The glass is missing where you can look at the pilot light (some foil has been stuck in there). Is there a certain type of glass we can put in there? We are selling our house and the inspector said to replace it.

Ceiling Fan - cannot get glass globe off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I currently have a Hampton Bay Tripoli 48" ceiling fan in one of my bedrooms. My husband pulled one of the pull chains so hard that part of it came off and it is now in 2 pieces. One piece is stuck in the fan and we cannot have the fan on with the light off... since that is the...

View more questions Search