Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    titansecurity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 07:09 AM
    Gift for Grandson's High School Graduation
    I am wondering what a typical and reasonable cash gift amount would be for my Grandson's High School graduation? I'am not well off but don't want him to think of me as a cheap grandfather either
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 12:23 PM
    I would think that $50.00 would be considered generous. If he's going on to college or university, a gift certificate in that amount from the school's library would help buy books for his courses.

Even $25.00 goes a long way if he's heading off to school really.

I always look at a cash gift as a very good gift. No guesswork, no wrapping paper, no fuss. Dollar for dollar, cash to a young person is a great idea.
    Agoetting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2010, 02:18 PM
    I would have to agree a gift certificate to their college bookstore is a great idea! My grandma got me one my freshman year and at first I thought it was kind of lame. When I got to school though I knew I could always buy something at the store and every purchase I said to myself- "thanks grandma"

If you are looking for a tangible item, I would go with something for their dorm. I think a small bookshelf, or nice pen or planner makes a great gift. Another great item would be a piece of furniture, a great compact one that is popular today is made by http://SlouchBack.com It's a comfy edition to the room and is perfect for studying and watching movies.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2010, 09:08 PM

We always bought saving bonds for the kids.
    50.00 would mature later too much more depending on how long he waited to cash.

My son had a lot of them and was very grateful when they matured and he was able to use them for important things.
    gaas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 03:26 PM
    What is the proper money gift to give my grandson for college grad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monetary gift for a Grandson's College Graduation [ 1 Answers ]

My Son is graduating from college and my Mother asked me what an appropriate amount would be for a monetary gift from her??

High school graduation [ 3 Answers ]

Is it appropriate to invite high school coaches & school personnel to your high school graduation

Etiquette high school graduation [ 3 Answers ]

Is it okay to use computer generated mailing labels for the outside envelope? I am concerned that my son's handwriting may not be legible for the post office.

High school graduation announcement [ 1 Answers ]

Is the high school graduation announcement from the parents of the child or from the child? I don't know who is sending it.

Graduation Announcements - High School [ 1 Answers ]

Who is actually sending out the announcements? The graduate or the parents of the graduate?

View more questions Search