Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 05:13 AM
    Meigs Field, Final results?
    What happened, Is it going to be Condos, Can you dig up an Airstrip in the Middle of the night, and render it useless? Never heard the conclusion?
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Apr 16, 2009, 08:13 PM

According to the Wikipedia article the site is now a park featuring walking trails, a small beach and an outdoor amphitheater for concerts.
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2009, 05:13 AM

Didn't seem that long ago.
    Here's some pictures for anyone interested:
    AOPA Online: Mayor Daley bulldozes Chicago's Meigs Field
    awayandalone Posts: 92, Reputation: 32

Oct 25, 2010, 04:24 AM
    Found this topic interesting even though its old I thought I would post. I am from chicago and now going to school to be a pilot. (im 20) as a kid my dad took me to meigs field on many occasions to watch the airplanes take off and land, they had a really cool observatory with a monitoring radio where you could sit and watch and listen to the pilots. I was really young but hearing the pilots and how professional they sounded forever made me want to be a pilot and here I am.

Interesting note the university I attend in the chicago area, the head of our aviation program was actually the airport manager at the time meigs field was bulldozed in the middle of the night. I won't share his name as I know many pilots who are bitter about the field being closed, but I will say this, he admitted to one of my classes that he had full knowledge the airport was to be closed just not how. To me it was a very sad day in aviation when that magnificent airport was ruthlessly destroyed.
    awayandalone Posts: 92, Reputation: 32

Oct 25, 2010, 04:24 AM
    Comment on awayandalone's post
    Oh and one last note, it is probably the saddest crappiest park you will ever go to. Very few trees and just looks dead.
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2010, 05:36 AM

Progress?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio Claire results in steps! I am posting results you post yours! [ 34 Answers ]

Hello World! So I got my bio cliare creame, lotion, and oil appx.8 days ago. I have seen some lightening (more skin evening than anything) and now I am starting to itch a little but I see that's just apart of the process because it dries your skin a bit and I know I have to buy a sun screen to put...

FINAL FANTASY book? Similar to final fantasy? [ 5 Answers ]

Im a big fan of FINAL FANTASY games and there are no final fantasy books/novels. Does anybody know any other books that are similar to final fantasy stories??

Accounting by Meigs Meigs [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone help me with the ‘problem 1A-5’ of the book ‘Accounting by Meigs Meigs’ 9th edition Thanks

View more questions Search