Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ILYATHA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 04:14 AM
    80's live action/cartoon fantasy film title request
    I'm trying to find a movie from around the mid 80's to the early 90's.

It was a film about a boy who from what I can remember walks into an antique store and finds a game board that transports him into a fantasy world (live action film to cartoon). After that I can only remember bits, I'm sure there was a wizard, a black dragon who was ridden by a dungeon master kind of character. About halfway through the film they reach a castle which I think a giant starts to attack. At the end they are all on a lava field & the dungeon master strikes down his friends unless he gives him a book of something, probably a magic book. If anyone can help me or guide me in the right direction that would be brilliant. I really want to find it as it is driving me nuts!

It wasn't Jumangi before anyone suggests that either!
    Chisow Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 10:09 PM
    You might be confusing 2 movies. I know the movie you are talking about where he walks into a store and they start playing a game with Dragon figures on the board. He is then transported to a cartoon Dragon kingdom. I can not remember the name however I own the movie on VHS and have only to go look in my storage unit to find that name for you. Will post on here tomorrow with your answer.
    Chisow Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 10:13 PM
    Ok I think this might be the movie you were looking for.
    The Flight of Dragons (1982)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is this movie? Live action/cartoon from the 70s/80s. [ 2 Answers ]

I watched this movie a long time ago and I cannot for the sake of me remember what it was. It started with kids running home from school? And this one kid goes into his room to find a box in his room. He gets in it and it takes him off to this cartoon land or something. He becomes a cartoon and I...

Kids fantasy, animated/live-action 80's/90's [ 4 Answers ]

So this sounds REALLY weird but I know I've seen it, and I feel like I've seen both a live action and an animated version, though their circumstances were different in each. Basically in either version someone falls or is cast into a large vat/tub/pond of some mysterious multi-colored liquid and...

Live action/cartoon kids movie from the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

What is the name of a movie that aired on the Disney Channel in the 80's or 90's but probably made in the 70's: it was a combination of live action and cartoon? The main boy in the film had a British accent and he falls into a pond and becomes a cartoon. He has to save a princess named,...

Live action/animated movie title request. [ 3 Answers ]

I have few memories of this movie, but I remember loving it so I am trying to find it for my children. The movie starts as a live action movie. It's older, kind of like Mary Poppins, and I think the children are English as well. I remember a pond in a large field outside of a large mansion. Somehow...

View more questions Search