Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Apr 15, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Pregnant again with 10 month old at home?
    So I haven't been on here in almost 6 months ( blushing) sorry.

I took a first responds responds pregnancy test and the first one (3 days ago) came back negative. I re tested this morning ( 2 days from my missed period) and it had one soild line and one faint pink line. Does that mean I am pregnant? The line was really faint. I made an appointment and my OB gave me a blood test and I have another one in 2 days. She wanted to see if the hormones levels would rise.

What you ladies think am I pregnant again? I am a bit worried I have a 10 month old.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 04:53 PM

Wait for your blood test results. They can determine pregnancy from 7-12 days from possible conception.

P.S. Did you check the expiry date on the home pregnancy test? Also keep in mind that pregnancy tests give false negatives more than a false positive.

Good luck,
    Sarah

Apr 15, 2009, 05:58 PM

Thanks for the quick responds.

Well the thing that confused me was I took a test 3 days ago and it was negative. So I re tested yesterday and no lines came up, so I left the test in the trash. I woke up this morning and saw the test in the trash with 2 lines. I flipped and re tested and after 3 minutes a solid line and a faint line came up.

So I was just a bit confused, I have to wait till Monday or Tuesday for the blood results.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 06:45 PM

If you had a faint line, read within the time limit, you very well could be pregnant again... (usually a line is a line when read correctly). However, since you used a few tests, and got different answers, best to see what the blood test shows.

If you are pregnant again, you will manage... people have babies close together all of the time. One advantage is that you will still be in baby mode when the next one arrives so you will just keep on doing what you have been doing.

My first two were pretty close in age and it worked out quite well... :)

Good luck... hope it turns out how you would like it to!
    nessa317 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 08:14 AM

I think it's very likely you could be pregnant. I got pregnant again when my daughter was 9months (you can get pregnant pretty much as soon as you start having sex again after childbirth) and the line on the test was very light. But generally the pregnancy hormones have to be present for you to see anything at all, so you probably are pregnant. I'd act pregnant until you can retest in a few days or make an appt with a dr.

Apr 18, 2009, 04:22 PM

I retested Thursday night with a digital pregnancy test, and it came back positive again. Today I feel bloated a bit crampy, really tired, and a bit nauseous. I have had a headache all day and can't get rid of it. I feel like I have gained a ton of weight. My breasts only feel tender if I touch them. I have to wait at least till Tuesday till get the blood test results back.

I am pretty sure I am pregnant again.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 04:31 PM

Well you need to start prenatal care. Schedule a second appointment with your doctor.

Congratulations and good luck!

Sarah
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 04:36 PM

Congrats!! Be sure and take advantage of any help you can from partner, friends, and family. It can really be helpful if they will take your first for a couple of hours now and then... or come into your home to "babysit" while you go nap.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Apr 18, 2009, 04:46 PM

Congrats. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and I have a 16 month old. My 2 will be 19 months apart, the second was planned because my brother and I were a year apart and were always so close and I wanted my kids to have that too. Anyway, just make sure you get your rest... the hardest part so far for me is now. My son is really fast, and now that I am getting bigger I feel like I can barely catch him when he takes off. The best thing I do is that my son naps for 2 to 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon... that is MY time for ME. If the house is a mess it stays a mess, that time is for me to nap, read, or just watch TV. Good luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Took Plan B last month and no period this month. Could I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

The second week of last month,my boyfriend and I had sex with a faulty condom. We were both a little worried so I took Plan B the next day. The rest of the month went by smoothly until about the 27th when I went in to the doctor for a blood test because my period still didn't come. Well, the same...

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

1 month pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know that if I will be one month preagent, then any abortion methods is their, means any piles will be available in medical

Less than one month home-want to breal lease? [ 2 Answers ]

Please help!! I've been in my new house for only three weeks and it really sucks here!! frist the drains don't work! which I told them about weekly just yesterday a plumer came out today the manger calls to say he's to pricey... well then can I shower at your housr or how about my dish can I come...

I have a 4 month old and now I'm pregnant again [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there I have a 4 month old and I am pregnant again my partner does not want it but I can't kill a baby we can't afford another one and we run our own business so I don't get to see him much ill be doing it all by myself. I haven't got any family as I grew up in care and his family won't agree...

View more questions Search