Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    student007 Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2006, 02:05 PM
    Business Major in Healthcare
    I am a BBA student and am interested in getting a career in the admin side of a healthcare, pharmeceutical, or biotech company. What I would like to know, is, what should I major in if I want to do this? Should I just get a business degree in any field of business, but take some chem and bio courses on the side? Or do I have to get a BSc after my BBA? What can I do to improve my chances of getting a science-related job, but still in the field of business?
    blablah123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 7, 2006, 05:33 PM
    I would recommend getting a combined degree of a MBA and a MS (in a science field). I work in pharma and have a liberal arts background.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 7, 2006, 07:32 PM
    Our company looks at a lot at either a degree in healthcare management ( there are specific degrees in that) or a business management degree and also a RN certification.
    raj83168 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 01:29 AM
    I would say, its always good to have a general understanding of clinical aspects of healthcare to deal with healthcare... u have to be able to understand what a CNA or an RN is talking about before you are able to manage their clinical problems, as a manager

On the otherhand, background doesn't matter if u have the experience where u want to go..
    amess Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2008, 04:00 PM
    I have my B.S. in Community Health Administration and I found when searching for a job many require a RN license too.

I am no longer working in the health field, but if I was in school and had to do it all over again I would have gotten my BSN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Major Help [ 2 Answers ]

Ok Last yr my 10 yr old daughter went to live with her father, we agreed if she wanted to come back home she could. We went to court and made it to where he had physical cutody, but judge left me with lega custody. I was to have visitation every other weekend Well I got it about 3 times.. the...

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

I need major help! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a big problem at school. OK, there is this guy and he has a girlfriend. At the beginning og November he was flirting with me. But I didn't know that he had a girlfriend. So, one of my friends say that he said that I went to talk to him saying that to break up with his girl friend. Which I...

Healthcare in custody,who pays [ 2 Answers ]

While being in custody after being arrested,I needed medical care,so I was transported to the hospital.the hospital gave me two tylenol and sent me back into custody .the hospital bill was $500.who pays? Is my question,the police dept.or me.

View more questions Search