Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Avasean Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Apr 15, 2009, 12:31 PM
    Due TOMORROW!Think I'm About 2 Go N2 Labor
    I'm due to have my baby tomorrow. I went to the doctor today for my weekly visit, and he checked my cervix. He told me that I am only dilated to a 1 and about 50% effaced. I know it's normal to bleed just a little bit after a cervix test... but...

3 HOURS after I got home, I noticed my underwear had dark stains. It wasn't completely dry, it was a dark red. I figured it was just from the cervix test.

THEN I put a panty liner on and have had a little bit of brownish mucus discharge. A spot here, a spot there...

I've been having pains all day, but I took tylenol this morning and the pains stopped. They came back so I took tylenol again. I'm waiting to see if that works.

Do you think I could be in labor?
    mommyoftwins200 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2009, 12:31 PM

Your probably losing your mucous plug that's like the first stages of labor
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Apr 15, 2009, 12:44 PM

I would contact your physician and explain your current position. They will want to keep in contact with you. It is possible that you are experiencing some cramping from the cervix check, better safe then sorry. If you do go, well I guess you will eventually. Best of luck. Breathe and Congratulations.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 15, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Relax, this is perfectly normal. Your cervix is filled with thousands of tiny capillaries, when manipulated through a cervical check at this point in your pregnancy, they tend to bleed. Don't worry unless you are bleeding bright red blood like a heavy period.

Also, a cervical check right now can cause some irritability. By this I mean it can cause some contractions. These contractions may or may not stop. If they don't wait to go to the hospital until they are 3-5 minutes apart.

Continue to take tylenol every 4 hours, it takes a while for the maximum benefits to occur.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Apr 17, 2009, 12:26 AM

After you lose your mucus plugs out you usually start labor with in 24 hours get rested up . Your close..

Good luck
    brunettegirl Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 11:30 AM

Losing the mucus plug 4 sure--- Stay clam, don't forget to breathe and RELAX (as much as possible) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor deman [ 7 Answers ]

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor demand. Using economic principles, describe how changes in the labor market have affected you or someone you know.

It's Tomorrow ! [ 3 Answers ]

We have a thing called "wacky week" at school. Every day you dress up differently according to the theme. Today was Aloha Day and tomorrow is Wacky Day. I'm not sure what to do for Wacky Day. It can be anything Wacky so just let me know what you would wear if you were me ! Thanks for the help. :D

View more questions Search