Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krunch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 08:53 AM
    Business law
    My name is on a liquor license in the State of Florida. I have resigned from the Company and they were supposed to keep me on the payroll until they transferred the license. Weeks have passed and I still hold the license but they refuse to pay me unless I sign a release. Do I have a legal right to pay. As I am still a current managing member can I get the payroll company to release a check to me.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 09:03 AM

Hello K:

You can't still be a current managing member and have resigned. So no, the payroll department doesn't work for you any more...

But, it you want to shake the tree, write a letter to the State Liquor Board turning your license back in. Don't send it. Instead, send a copy of the letter to whomever is running the company. Tell him that if you don't get your "paycheck" in 48 hours, you WILL send the letter.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Iwish to start a business but I don't have strong finincial baground for business [ 5 Answers ]

I am willing to start a business but I don't have strong baground of business famally or good finiancial support so what kind of business I do need to start I am mba(marketing) post graduate with 4 year of experience and currently working as a erp cunsultant but becase of recesssion my salary is...

Business Being Named the Same as Another Business and Registering a Business [ 3 Answers ]

What if mt business name is taken and how do I register my company or business? :)

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

View more questions Search