Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ba4s Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Export from windows mail to outlook express
    I have organized my emails in Windows Mail for Vista into folders. I would like to
    Export these folders to outlook express 6. Can you please suggest an easy way to do so?

Thank you in advance for you're your help.

Best Regards,

--ba4s
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Apr 19, 2009, 08:26 AM
    I worked out an easy solution for transferring Vista's Windows Mail to Outlook Express:

1. On the Vista computer, create a New Folder on the Desktop.

2. Open Windows Mail and position the window and New Folder so that you can see both.

3. Select the e-mail messages you want to go to Outlook Express, and drag them to the New Folder.

4. Put the new Folder onto removable media.

5. Attach the removable media to the XP computer.

6. Open Outlook Express and position the window and New Folder so that you can see both.

7. Open the New Folder and Select All.

8. Drag the selected messages into the list of messages for the Inbox or desired folder in Outlook Express (just make sure that the target folder is open).

9. Delete the New Folder from both computers and the removable media.

From: Exporting Windows Mail back TO Outlook Express | Windows Vista for Beginners

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Import .dbx files (Outlook Express) to Windows Mail (Vista) [ 34 Answers ]

Everywhere I look I see the answer is no - I cannot do the above... but there's GOT to be a way... doesn't there? :o Any suggestions for a workaround to this?

Importing contacts from outlook express to windows mail [ 4 Answers ]

Hi There, Wondering if someone can help me. I have a new computer with vista and I have saved my contacts from outlook express on the old computer in csv format. I follow all the protocols but when I import to windows mail I get maybe 20% through the import and every time I get a message which...

Exporting from Windows mail to Outlook Express [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to export email message files from Vista Windows Mail back to XP Outlook express. Is this type of export possible and if so how is it done. This option doesn't seem to be available with Windows Mail version 6.0. :confused:

View more questions Search