Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Mobile home reposession
    From PM:

Quote Originally Posted by member from PM
    curious? my ex has received notice of court judgement for repossesion of his double wide that he owes all the money, court fees and turn over the trailer. the court has filed notice of papers served him and paid the sheriff fee. Will there be a posted court order when the sheriff serves him to get out? How soon will the sherriff tell him to get out? The finance company was granted the right to sell trailer. Land is not involved, just the trailer.

He was sued for the money in march and ordered to represent himself but did not and did not show up for court date 6 months later so finance co awarded all.

I'm curious because my kids go there for over nite visitatioin. I'm sure they'll live with the grandparents on the same 5 acres but I'm uneasy about this whole situation for my kids while visiting.
    oklahoma
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2006, 11:55 AM
    The sheriff will have a court order when he comes to evict your ex and take possession. The issue of who owns the land (the grandparents I assume) does have to be considered as I suspect the home will have to be moved where the new buyer wants to put it. So essentially, once the home is repossesed and moved it will be gone. This means you should find out where the kids will stay before allowing any visits. This might be grounds for amending the custody agreement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile Home reposession [ 11 Answers ]

My husbands parents, own a mobile home. Last year, his mother, was in the hospital for one month, for heart failure and respitory failure. She was also in a coma. His father is on social security and can no longer pay for the mobile home. They are currently 3 months behind of the payments. The...

Mobile Home Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My husband purchased a mobile home the year before we were married. A year after we married he was diagnosed with a chronic illness and has been unable to work since then. He receives SSI disability, but it is not much. In recent months he has been hospitalized for a lenghty period. Due to this, he...

Repossesion of a Mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

When can they take the home legally

Mobile Home Tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm reinstalling a garden tub in an early 80's mobile home. It has an above floor drain, and I'm a little confused as to how to hook it up. It is against a wall with no access to the drain from the rear or underneath. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first experience with plumbing a...

PVC PLumbing in mobile home [ 7 Answers ]

I have PVC water supply lines that screw right onto the faucets. I have to turn the house water supply off to change a washer is there a way to add a shut of valve? Can I simply cut the line and use a hose clamp to attach a shut off valve and then use braided metal hose to go up to faucet?

View more questions Search