Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yousufaleem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 01:06 AM
    Back drop for the manhole in sewage system
    Can any body explain me the system to construct a backdrop for the sewae system. What should ne the minimum diffrence betweem the depth of the manholes to constuct a Backdrop.
    Quantum Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2009, 03:46 AM
    The concept of backdrop manhole is as below;

When there is a branch connection to manhole higher than it's invert level, a backdrop is used in a manhole where the branch is thows the fluid to a manhole in two location. The first, through a pipe drop to the bottom which convey the normal flow. The second, at straight location in the high level which carry sewage only when there is increased flow, Thus limiting splashing occurs to the increased flow and therefore reducing errosion.

The minimum depth should be 6 inches (15 cm)

Rate me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage ejector system noise and joint separation [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my basement sewage ejector system that has puzzled the first pluber and contractor I've brought in for help. The problem ultimately presents itself with a very violent water hammer sound when the pump shuts off, and along with that the pipe and rubber joint above the check...

Washer causes sewage to back-up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am not mechanically inclined AT ALL. I rent a house where my land lord is not good at keeping up repairs, and blames me when she does. When I run my clothes washer, sewage comes up through the tub and toilet. The 2 sinks in the same bath and separate shower stall in same bath gurgle. The...

Septic holding tank manhole adjustment [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I had my house built last year and the septic system is a sand mound system with 3 holding tanks between my house and the sand mound. The holding tanks are concrete and each have an access (manhole) that sticks about 1' out of the ground. I have read on other sites about access being...

How to Vent Sewage Ejector System [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a basement bathroom that will utilize a sewage ejector system since the sewer main line is above the floor. Since there is no easy chase to run a vent line three stories up to the roof, can I vent through a side exterior wall of the house? Can the line be capped...

Sewage odor in basement after system install [ 1 Answers ]

We recently installed an internal drain system in our basement to alleviate flooding during the rainy season. Recently afterward, we started noticing a sewage-like (or perhaps pipe-like) smell in the basement during the late afternoon and evening hours. It's very unpleasant. Has anyone...

View more questions Search