Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsainton Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 09:41 AM
    real time PCR
    I am going to be doing a research study involving measuring the gene expression of chicken cytokines (IL-4 and IL-10) after being infected with a virus. I will be using real time PCR. However, I am confused as to the proper methods to use. Why is cloning necessary (creating plasmids)? Is this such an instance where I would have to cone? What real time PCR kit will work best for me? Roche, qiagen?

Thank you very much.
    medgen Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Nov 3, 2006, 12:58 PM
    1. No cloning is necessary -- you will be looking at mRNA. You only need to design appropriate primers

2. TaqMan is by far the most specific and accurate method (Applied Biosystems). Sybr Green is your other option, but not nearly as specific.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Nov 28, 2006, 03:48 AM
    Hello ,

So you are going to begin research ,we ll in this field am a beginner ,well realtime PCR is abit complicated one ,well all PCRs r complicated in a way that you need to standardize the protocol,well Qiagen PCR kit may help,so wish you best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

Real Player 10.5 [ 12 Answers ]

Here's something that constantly bugs me.A few weeks ago,I had the misfortune to have to reinstall Firefox on my reserve pc,the one I use for trying out games,multimedia,and general programs,before I decide whether they are useful to be downloaded onto my main PC.Real Player 10.5 was successfully...

Real time images [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any website which allows free viewing of real time images from satellite of our cities , countries etc. I mean , I want to view my own house in real time is it possilble..

Is he for real [ 2 Answers ]

I'm married but I recently met a guy- also unhappily married.I never let him know that I was not happy with my husband. He pursued me and called my cellular fone and left messages. We also saw each other to talk. In short, we had a physical relationship for only 1 time. He was kind and considerate...

View more questions Search