Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megroy6 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 09:47 PM
    Washing face with acne
    My sister told me that washing your face with soap and your had was better then washing it with soap and a wash cloth. Is this true?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 10:11 PM
    I'm afraid your sister is wrong.

Washing your face with a washcloth is great way to exfoliate skin and get rid of excess oils, makeup, dirt and build-up. Just remember not to re-use a washcloth too many times.

Soap makes your skin dry, so I wouldn't recommend using soap.

Sarah
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 02:32 AM

Sorbolene cream is great especially if you are using anti-acne products.
    Sorbolene can be used as an alternative to soap and it is a moisturizer for sensitive skin.
    If you are using a wash cloth make sure it is washed WELL and has no detergents or dye in it, I wash my new ones about 5 times before using them so they don't irritate my skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acne Scars covering 80% of face.Would skin lightner be a solution [ 10 Answers ]

:confused:I am new to this site & am currently researching products to begin my journey. Yesterday, I met w/ a dermatolgist who charged $300 for my 1st sesseion... I have 5 more($300.00/ per sessions). I can not afford that... I tossed & turned all night disturbed about paying that much money...

Achieving even tone on acne-prone, oily face and body area [ 5 Answers ]

I have lots of dark spots on my face, due to hyperpigmentation left from acne. I also have tiny widespread, dark spots along my right arm, breasts, and back due to a rash caused by an allergic reaction. In addition to all of that, I also have a ton of dark spots on my lower legs, and dark elbows...

Dull face and Acne scars [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have 3 children and when I gave birth to my last child my complexion became dark and I had acne all over. I have been using DS but it not working too well. What is good to use. Something strong. Thank you

How you washing your face? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I need to find out something before I do this wrong warm/hot water wet face apply clearasil on face massage in 40 seconds then stop wet face again with 10 splashes of hot/warm water then 3 cool water splashes tell me please this I need to know or I'm doing it wrong

Bad acne on face back and chest [ 4 Answers ]

I have bad acne mainly on my back but on my face and chest as well.. How can I get rid of it? I wash these areas everyday and nothing seems to work.. any suggestions?

View more questions Search