Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rambojc Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2006, 09:19 AM
    Whirlpool Washer LA7800XT does not spin or agitate
    Hello.

I have a Whirlpool washer (model LA7800XT) that does not agitate or spin but does everything else fine. It is 16 years old but only used once or twice a month and the innard components appear to be in good shape if that's any relevant.

I'm trying to diagnose the electrical components first before tackling the mechanical aspects but the electrical diagram seems cryptic and hard to decipher.

Can anyone comment on this approach and perhaps guide me in the proper direction?

Thank you.

Nicholas

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Washer doesn't spin fast [ 14 Answers ]

Had trouble with spin cycle on Whirlpool Ultimate Care Washing Machine. Lid switch was bad so we replaced it. Worked fine for several weeks. Now, washer will spin slowly during spin cycle and empty most of water in tub. Tub will not spin at fast speed & some water is left in the machine. Can you...

Whirlpool washer won't agitate or spin [ 6 Answers ]

This machine is probably about 10 years old. It is a direct drive. The washer will fill and drain but when it tries to agitate or spin I hear a grinding and clicking sound coming from the bottom of the washer. I cannot turn the agitator by hand. Would this be a problem with the motor, or...

GE Washer won't spin or drain, but does agitate [ 2 Answers ]

I think the name of my clothes washer is GE Profile, model number WPSQ3120T2WW. It and our dryer came with our townhouse when we bought it four years ago. I've washed pillows before without any trouble (normal size), but this morning I washed two pillows and two sheets and then heard a loud...

Admiral - washer will not spin, pump out or agitate. [ 4 Answers ]

I have an Admiral 2 speed washing machine that I purchased 10 years ago from Montgomery Wards, which is out of business now. The washer will not spin, pump out or agitate. When I turn the know to spin I hear a low buzzing as it try’s to spin, then a click like an overload breaker popped. After...

Whirlpool washer will not agitate but will spin and drain [ 3 Answers ]

Model# LA5530XSW2 My washer will fill up but will not agitate, you can hear a humming noise and can smell something. It will drain & spin just not agitate. Please help me how to resolve this problem. Thank you

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.