Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gitano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2003, 08:23 PM
    Shelf life of vitamins
    What is the "shelf life" of vitamin E, also of "Omega-3" capsules?

Is it, can it be useful or harmful to take same after expiry date of one year or more?

Many thanks !
    Nutrifocus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2003, 06:36 AM
    shelf life of vitamins
    Hello,
    After the expiration dates on vitamins and/or minerals, they are not harmful but they are also not as potent. They lose some of their strength, which is the reason for the expiration date.
    Hope that helps!
    Kimberly A. Tessmer, RD LD
    Consulting Dietitian
    www.Nutrifocus.net

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dr. James or Vitamins USA [ 15 Answers ]

I would like to know if Dr. James caps are available in USA. I know we have to get them from Phi. Is it cheaper to get Dr. James from Phil than buying Glutathione caps in USA? Are there any Dr. James users who I can pool with to get caps to save money I shipping and all? Thanks

Water puddle on top shelf of Fridge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore fridge that recently started gathering water on the top shelf of the refrigerator section (top is freezer with an ice maker/bottom is fridge). I'm not sure if it's the ice maker leeking or if it's the seal on the door is needing to be replaced. Thank you for your assistance

Safe storing cheeze on the shelf? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it necessary for cheese to be refridgerated? Or is it okay for it to be shelfed?

Nutrition/Vitamins [ 17 Answers ]

I'm a very picky eater.. and I don't get enough iron or vitamins.. and I don't like to eat meat that much.. and I've been getting really dizzy.. and I've had to give blood because I almost fainted.. and I keep on getting really dizzy when I get up or when I start walking around.. and I'm not sure...

Please I need help?. any1 know of a good vitamins?. [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone use Andrew Lessman Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails?. If so can you please let me know what it does and does it work?. Or do you know of any good vitamins and or supplements that is good for the hair,nail and or skin?. my hair has been dropping very badly and my hair is becoming thiner?....

View more questions Search