Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tarraf124 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 03:13 PM
    CD-RW do not work
    Hi

I just bought a CD Boombox wint AM/FM radio it says in the box that it palys CD, CD-R AND CD-RW . But when I insert a CD-RW IN THE DISC it will not play it says disc error . And I no that there is mp3 music in my CD-RW that I downloaded thos mp3 music from the internet and then I put them in my CD-RW I could play the CD-RW in my computer but it will not play on my cd radio Boombox I did what the instructions told me and it is steel not working please tell me what to do. The CD-RW IS CLEAN AND There are NO SCRACHES ON IT... I Really WANT IT TO PLAY ON MY CD RADIO bOOMBOX PLEASE HELP ME... THE MODEL NUMBER IS : WPCD270. I email the compagny and the told me to see me if my cd-rw is finalized but I do not no how to do that please help me... :)
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Apr 14, 2009, 04:10 PM

Not only are there different disc formats for CD-RWs, there are different formats for the music files themselves.

I would be surprised if any device other than a computer would be able to make use of a CD-RW formatted for use with packet writing software that allows a computer user to access the disk like you would a hard drive. When the packett writing software is not being used a CD-RW can be used like a CD-R, with the added ability to be erased in its entirety for reuse

The music CDs available in stores typical have the songs stored in an uncompressed format on separate tracks (one song per track) starting with track one. Unless the packaging and/or user manual specificaly indicates that your player is compatible with MP3 files it might be limited to playing CD-Rs and CD-RWs with that "Audio CD" formatting.

MP3s are typically stored on the data track (track 0) like other files meant for computers.

A device reading track zero needs a list indicating where to locate files (including MP3s and other file types) on track zero. That list is "burned" onto the CD-R after all the files you want to include on the CD-R when the recording session is closed (finalized). Depending on what computer operating system and/or ripping software you are using you may be asked if you want to "close" the session when you use the keyboard or mouse to eject the CD-R. Unfortunately using the button on the front of the drive may bypass that prompt.

If there is blank space remaining on the CD-R the computer might be able to add more files and burn a replacement listing of the file locations on the CD-R. The older listing remains on the CD-R, since devices with "Multi-session" compatibilities will ignore the older listings.

Specific instructions aren't really possible without knowing which computer operating system (Mac OS, Linux, Windows) version (X, XP, Vista etc) you are using. Some procedures might require additional software like a media player (Realplayer, winamp, Window Media Player etc) which we would need to know about as well.

Recordings converted back to the uncompressed "audio CD" format might not have as much sound quality as recordings that have never been subject to MP3 compression.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 04:19 PM
    Too much info for question above

What software did you use to copy the mp3 files to your cd-rw?

Your model states:
    Aux Input for MP3, digital audio, and personal CD players.

That says it can play mp3 through Auxiliary input

It does not say that the cd player in the boombox can play mp3

-But it does say
    Plays CD, CD-R, CD-RW

But this means that the cd-rw discs still have to be in .cda format

So, you would need to convert the .mp3 files to .cda format and then copy the .cda files to your cd-rw and then you should be able to play in the player itself

What you can do to convert your mp3 files to cda format:

(Do not know if it is free or not)
    How do I convert MP3 to CDA? | CD Burning, DVD Burn

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search