Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amethyst4 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 02:56 AM
    Favorite vacation
    What was your favorite vacation? Why?
    Would you go there again?

For myself, I'm not sure what was my fav, but I used to live in Hawaii, so it was like being on vacation every weekend. I still enjoy visiting there.

The reasons are: the people, the weather, the food, the outdoor lifestyle, the music.

I'd like to return to Japan. In autumn.

I also love Vancouver Island, BC. I like the climate and the parks and museum.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 03:02 AM
    Sounds fun!

For me it's the times we do Las Vegas and Grand Canyon and everything in-between.
    Amethyst4 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 03:22 AM
    I went to the Grand Canyon last Thanksgiving. It was cold and crisp, but uncrowded. We drove from Phoenix and I liked the Indian settlements along the way, and the canyon itself was impressive. I was a bit disappointed with Sedona, but am glad I saw it. In Phoenix, I enjoyed the Heard Museum.

I've never been to Vegas and am not sure I'd like it. Non-gambling suggestions?

I'd like to visit every state capital. So far I've been to maybe 4 of them among the 20 or so states I've visited. I'll be adding 2 or 3 states in Nov.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 03:29 AM
    I don't gamble much myself. If you like the desert and historic places, everything within a couple hours of Vegas in any direction is awesome. Red Rock Canyon, old nearly ghost towns, the peacefulness of nothing as far as you can see... I just love it all out there.

(We use Vegas as our home base since rooms there are so cheap)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 05:02 AM
    I love places on the east coast. Fresh air, Swimming in the ocean, Fishing, Camping, Clam digging. Lots of stars at night time. Very Warm, caring, loving people.

The only downside is the dam mosquitos. They are bad.

They always enjoy there continuous meals on me.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Sep 14, 2006, 05:19 AM
    Rome was good, Australia (East coast) was good, so were many of the other places I've been to. But for me Egypt!

Based on my 1998 visit Egypt was definitely a dream. I think that it is still not geared up for the western tourist, and unless you are interested in ancient times don't bother going.

Landing about 9PM (getting dark) having to put up with officialdom at its extreme and finally jumping on an air-conditioned bus to get to your hotel (Mena House) about 1 hr away. The tour guide promptly tells everyone (30 or so) there are going to be delays checking in (big groan) but go to the bar ( big cheer) and wait for "a few minutes".

There we are sitting in the hotel bar (very plush) and I'm staring at a picture of the pyramids only for the picture to suddenly disappear (What's going on?) only for the picture to re-appear.

Oh my God, we are sitting in a bar with the flaming pyramids in our back garden! In realist terms the pyramids are 2 or 300 yards away. At that point I knew this holiday was going to be exceptional. I wasn't disappointed.

20 minutes later and a cold beer later, we are checked in and getting ready to hit the sack. Talk about excited... wooohoooooooooo!

Couldn't sleep, much to the wife's annoyance!
    MARK M Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Oct 23, 2006, 01:26 PM
    New York New York every time for me id wanted to go since I was a kid and I finally went in April it blew my mind. A city with such a buzz about it . Central park was amazing statue of liberty,empire state, it makes british cities look third world! Id be there again like a shot id love to live there
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Toss up between Costa Rica and Greece.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Oct 24, 2006, 12:29 PM
    For me it was a close call between Perth,WA,or Cyprus.Both places totally different,but both nice and hot. :)
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 24, 2006, 02:45 PM
    My favorite vacation spot is... my house LOL

That's why we bought it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 24, 2006, 02:48 PM
    ALASKA!! It was not a vacation, I used to live there, but if I were to go on vacation again I would go back. Well, I might just end up staying again. Who knows, the nurses there are some of the highest paid in the country.
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Oct 24, 2006, 03:01 PM
    I live in the "corn fed" state and anywhere besides Nebraska was a great vacation! When I was 14 years old my parents, older sister (by 1 1/2 years) went to California to stay with relatives. Vacation enough would have been staying at there place! It was really cool! We went to the beach and it was the first time I've seen the ocean and it took my breath away! We then headed to Mexico! I was a tad nervous about that but wow... what an experience!

I'd love to go to Hawaii and New York City in my lifetime! I know I will never get out to the county again! All this talk on going to Greece, Egypt, Australia, etc... is making me jealous! What an experience that would be!
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Oct 24, 2006, 11:21 PM
    Best Vacation would have been for me to Mt.Rushmore with my grandparents. Although it's not an exotic place and I have been to relatively cooler places, Las Vegas, New York, L.A. and I only lived like a 5 hour drive away when we did go to Rushmore(lived in Aberdeen, sd.) they were always nicest because we saw relatives, and hung out and just chilled. We would stay at my aunt valinda's house with her kids and husband libby, and they had a pool, just good times... good times...
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Oct 25, 2006, 12:18 AM
    Montreal, Quebec. Absolutely awesome.
    Only bad part was the drive home. Wound up staying the night in the "Benedict Arnold Hotel" on a logging road somewhere in northern Maine. Who the heck came up with the idea for that name anyway? I certainly felt betrayed after I saw the room. :rolleyes: :)
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Oct 25, 2006, 08:28 AM
    My favorite vacation was at Woodland Valley campsite located in New York's Catskill Mountains. The air was invigoratingly fresh, the surroundings peaceful, and one seemed to leave behind the world and all its turmoils. My face to face encounter with a recently awakened from hibernation bear and a hole-diving snake-of course, was a bit unsettling. But the general effect was pleasant. The same applies to my camping out at Lake George in the Addirondack Mountains, and North Lake and Beaver Kill at the Catskills.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2006, 08:39 AM
    My favorite vacation was to Chincoteague Island, Va. - Not to far away from home (which is a plus in my book), and wild ponies on beautiful beaches.
    jemz2185 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 07:45 AM
    For me it cyprus I love the island its home away from home its perfect whatever u want to do is right at the doorstep so to speak! Limassol in particular brilliant can't wast to go back to atlantica hotel the staff there are brilliant welcoming and really friendly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a vacation! [ 2 Answers ]

I have some vacation time I can use, and I haven't been on a real vacation in about six years. I was thinking about a cruise just a short one, not too expensive. Any ideas. I will most likely have to go alone, so any tips on the that would be helpful as well. How much should it cost, what...

Canceling vacation [ 2 Answers ]

I put a deposit down on a cottage with a real estate agent .I tried to cancel 6 weeks before my vacation but was told I would only get my deposit back unless myself or the real estate agent found another person to rent those 2 weeks .my lease does not have a cancellation clause in it .my fault for...

Full physical custody and vacation laws in CA [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have full physical custody of both my daughters. My ex-husband is extremely irate with me because he now has a lien against him for unpaid child support. I am taking the summer off work and I'm planning on taking my daughters from California on a trip to Oregon for 3 weeks to visit...

Coastal Vacation in Southern Georgia [ 10 Answers ]

My family (5-8 people) is looking a great location for our summer of 2006 vacation... We love the beach and would appriciate any information that would give us information about desirable places... Thank You!

View more questions Search