Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Does a landlord have to replace a dripping faucet?
    That's pretty much my question. I have a dripping faucet in my bathroom (which is about 10 feet from the bedroom) and we hear dripping all evening as we head to bed.

Does the landlord have to replace it? I don't mind buying it and doing it myself if they don't have a legal responsibility to do it but would like to know. Apart from the dripping noise it's also a big waste of water.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2009, 10:28 AM

You could probably fix the drip yourself with a new 50 cent gasket depending on the faucet model rather than replacing the entire fixture.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 12:57 PM

True, however I ended up replacing it, it was quite rusty also. The landlord said to keep the bill but if he won't remove the cost of the fixture from our last month's rent I'll just put the old fixture back when we move out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dripping tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

How do I fix a dripping tub faucet. I have the faucet apart a couple of time but not the guts of it?

I think I need to replace a washer within faucet to repair a dripping shower. [ 3 Answers ]

The shower drips throughout the day even though I turn the knobs completely off. I removed the handle and the packing nut to see if I could find a rubber washer to replace. That didn't work. I'm not sure what to do next but I think I should remove the entire piece. I believe it is called the valve...

Dripping Tub Faucet [ 1 Answers ]

ballengerb1 Not sure if I am replying right but the cam which went into the sleeve insert was greased when I purchased it and then was inserted into the cartridge, which was not greased. Would this make a difference? Is there anything to do if the valve body has nicks or scratches? Thanks for...

Dripping faucet [ 5 Answers ]

How do I repair a single knob faucet, bathtub drip?

Dripping faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Delta two handel faucet in the bathroom. My first problem is I can't get the hot water shut off to turn. The post the handle is on is plastic so I'm afraid to turn too hard and break it. Is there a lubricant that will help loosen it? There is a tiny bit of play in the knob. And...

View more questions Search