Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OPALMH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Water leak
    If the water leak in a mobile home exceeds the value for repairs can the insurance company total the mobile home? What is required?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 11:46 AM

That is a great question. Your policy has limits and if the repair cost is above those limits they just stop paying anything higher but they can not just say your home is totaled like a car. A friend of mind had a toilet supply line leak while on vacation. He ran 350,000 gallons of water through that one like pipe causing over $350,000 damage to a home he bought for $300,000 some years earlier. The insurance company paid to totally replace and repair everything up to his policy limits. They did not pay his $3000 water bill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Leak near bathtub but no leak behind tub found [ 5 Answers ]

I recently noticed water marks in the ceiling on the lower floor that is about 3-6 feet away from the tub above that floor. I had noticed similar leak several years ago, just painted it over and did not see any more water marks for several years. I cannot seem to find where it is coming from. I...

Plastic water line leak near water connector at sink [ 4 Answers ]

How can I fix a leak in blue plastic tubing that goes to ice maker? The leak is under the sink and tubing goes under the house to fridge on other side of room.

Water Witching for a Water Leak [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I live in rocky, mountainy terrain. I have at least a 16,000 gallon water leak. I have tried water witching, for the first time, around the outside of the house and the water company has looked. It may be under the concrete slab. Money is an issue, so I could really use the help to figure out...

Daylight basement water leak, cause by broken water pipe or saturated ground water? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 units 3 stories with daylight basement apartment. Build in 1960. Just bought it few months ago. Last year the previous owner had a bad flood in the daylight basement after long period of rain. They cleaned out the area, remodel it. Good for few months, last couple of weeks rain long...

Leak in slab from water pipe from water heater [ 4 Answers ]

Looks like I need help. Would like an overall on what I can expect when I talk to a plumber. And should I have all pipes replaced (house 60 years old), how long should this take, what would cost range be for job in southern CA? Should all piping be checked for cracks. House is very small so this...

View more questions Search