Ask
    cubanita12 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Omega 3?
    What is a Omega-3?

templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:36 AM

An essential (your body can't make it) fatty acid. The wiki is pretty comprehensive Omega-3 fatty acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:45 AM

This will probably help you:

Omega-3 fatty acid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically, "omega" means the end of a chain of carbon atoms. Omega-3 means the third carbon before the end. There is a double-bond in that position (google "Chemistry" and "double bond" for more information on double bonds). There are two fatty acids that are usually found in omega-3 supplements. The names are long and not well recognized, so people refer to them as DHA and EPA.

Research has indicated that these fatty acids are "healthful" and may help in preventing heart disease and other maladies.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 05:26 AM

One of the best sources is fish oil.
    It is good for mental function, attention deficit,
    Heart and plaque and cholestrol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About omega-3 fish oil. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am 24 yrs old. I have no complications at all. But before 2 yrs I got damage in my right shoulder while I was playing volleyball. It caused damage in my shoulder joint, a nerve problem. I am regularly taking multivitamins, minerals so may omega-3 will be helpful? And it is then what should be...

Fatty acids, omega etc. [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone please explain to me the difference/connection between essential fatty acids, omega 3 and 6, gamma linolenic acid, linoleic acid, poly- and mono-unsaturates - the more I read the more I am confused. Thank you!

Omega 3 Fish oil [ 2 Answers ]

Is this really good for you and can it help you lose weight?

Omega 3 made me stink [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been taking omega 3 three times a day and now my vagina smells bad like after I wash for about 15 or 5 minutes. I have taken omega3 before but once a day , it says in the bottle from 1 to 3 pills a day so now I went for 3. has this ever happened to any one? And if it has what to do?

Finding Big O, theta, omega, little-o and little-w [ 1 Answers ]

f(n) = n / log n g(n) = log n (log (log n) ) all logs are base 2 the question is, is f(n) element of Ω (g(n)) f(n) element of O (g(n)) f(n) element of Θ (g(n)) f(n) element of w (g(n)) ...

View more questions Search