Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcress Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Not paying rent
    Have a friend who rented a warehouse to a couple who was going to start a business out of the warehouse. They signed a lease that stated the roof leaked in one area. Two or three months after moving in they stopped paying rent and got a lawer and are now trying to sue the lady that has the warehouse for not being able to run there business because of one small leak in the roof. They have been in the warehouse now almost two years and have not paid rent in the last year and a half. She has a lawer to but they seem to be dragging there feet. Is there anything she could do to get these people out.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2009, 01:16 PM

She's paying an Attorney. If it's taken 18 months to evict these people there's a reason.

Put pressure on the Attorney if you want this over soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying rent [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need to pay rent on a foreclosure house even if I don't have a lease and I plan to move by the 21st and should I get my deposit by and how do I go about it

Tenant paying rent tax [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved from Tucson to Phoenix and am renting an apartment. On my lease, I am being assessed a 2% tax every month on top of my rent. Can I itemize this monthly assessment and claim it on my taxes as I do with my mortgage interest?

Non-tenant paying rent [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a specific law in California that prohibits landlords from accepting rent from a non-tenant? Converseley: "Jim," who's not on a lease, moves in with "Jane," and pays rent (through a check in "Jim's" name). The landlord accepts this rent for 8 + years. Does "Jim" have the same legal...

Paying Rent [ 8 Answers ]

I'm just curious, in my lease it says that my landlord will collect the rent of the first of every month, well it's nearly halfway through January and he still hasn't come to get it. Is it my job to go to him and say here's the rent, or can I just wait for him? (I've had to chase him down every...

Roommates not paying rent. [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend had a couple move in with us. We do not get along at all and it was decided around a week (nov.24) ago that they were going to move out. We found another person to move in and take over the rest of the lease. This person can't move in till mid January. They promised us to pay...

View more questions Search