Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizz_on_her_own Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 08:29 AM
    I miss her!
    Hey!

Okay so here's what is going on. (I don't think I've mentioned her on here at all but I need some advice)I have been dating this girl for almost 4 years. And we are EXTREMELY close although now we live in different states and we have been making this long distance relationship work (in a sense) for about a year. I just have been missing her like crazy lately.

When we had said that we were going to try to make this work we had both agreed on some rules. Surprisingly these rules did not distance us at all it brought us closer. Allowing us to be able to communicate more.

Though now I find it more difficult to even talk to her because I have this weird feelign of my parents not approving of me liking the same sex. That and I have tried to give up liking girls but I find it difficult. I have tried because I know that if my mom knows that I still like girls she will go through with what she threatened and that is keeping the door open when ever I have friends over. Though I even told them this... "because I am the way I am I make sure that all of my friends are straight so you don't have to worry about it."

I don't want any advice if you're going to tell me about how it is a GREAT SIN to like the same sex because I DON'T CARE!!

I just want to know how to keep my mind busy...

The only rule is
    1) We can mess around and flirt and date other people as long as they are aware of "us".

Though I have not dated a girl in over a year though she has but I can't bring myself to... do you think I should end the relationship until I can move back down there?
    mamassey20 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 08:57 AM
    First of all you can not help you like/love, it just happens. If your mother can not except that fact and you are unwilling to give up your emotions for girls, then I think you should keep it a secret until you are 18. As for your girl, I think that she may not feel as you do. If she really cared, wouldn't she save her built up sexual frustration for when she sees you again? If I were you I would ask her where she thinks the relationship is heading. Based on your discussion with her, you'll know what to do.

Apr 13, 2009, 09:15 AM

Yeah. Normally she would but it seems as though once I moved hse has turned into a bit of a w**** because when I left she was still a virgin and now she has kept count of how many guys she's done and I don't approve of it and I have told her so. I told her that I had made a mistake by letting go of my innocence and that I didn't want her to make the same but it's too late now because what is done is done. I had also told her that I'm not mad or anything it's just that I wanted her to make a better decision than what I did and wait until she was in love or if at all possible until she was over the age of 18 unlike I who lost my innocence at a VERY early age. I just want the best for her and I want her to be happy. I'd give anything just to give her those two little things. I just wish I could figure out what I should do as to if I should move on as though she seems to havae done or if I should wait to see what we can make of our situation.
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Apr 13, 2009, 09:27 AM

That's a pickle.. To be honest, if I were you I'd end it. What's a relationship is she's sleeping with quite a few people and you may have not had a girlfriend in the past year but you've had a boyfriend, it's the same thing. That's not a relationship. Just be friends and if you's live near each other at some point then rethink it.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2009, 05:50 PM

I agree. As far as it goes, I would recommend calling it off, for now. If you really love her, you cannot help it. It seems to me that you are staying a lot more faithful to her than she is to you.
    That doesn't necessarily say anything about her character, but perhaps that she cannot handle a non-physical relationship like you.
    It's okay to feel how you do, and it's perfectly normal.
    If you are ever around her again, you could try to start it up again then.

As far as the mom thing goes, it sounds like she is just being a mom. If you liked boys, she would make you leave the door open with them, so what is the problem with your girl friends (not necessarily girlfriends)
    As long as you are not doing anything wrong, you shouldn't have anything to worry about anyway, so don't let it bother you. It's a mom thing, :P

Apr 15, 2009, 08:06 AM

Okay thank you. I have called it off. She agreed without a fight which actually gave me the relief to know that I can get back out there and try different things when I am ready to get up and quit wallering in my own self pitty. No, I don't have anything to worry about because I am not sexually active AT ALL and I don't plan on it because I made a mistake and I regret it so I don't plan to keep making the mistake, why not wait. Thank you all for your help.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:42 PM

I am glad you broke it of because open relationships rarely works. A long distance relationship is hard work in itself but even harder when your young.

Just be you and hopefully you can find a match for yourself. If your parents don't approve of your sexuality hopefully one day they would open their eyes and accept it. I think your one tough gal.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 05:52 PM

Glad to hear it!

It's good that you finally got on with your life! Get back out there, and it will get easier with time!

Good Luck with moving on, and glad you could do it!

Apr 21, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Thank you all very much for giving me advice!! I couldn't have done it with out you all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I miss him.does he miss and love me too? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago now. We talk everyday whether it is online or through text. We do not talk on the phone but even while dating we didn't. He is just not a phone person. Well when we broke up it was all his choice. He said that there were things about me that he...

I miss you so much [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find my brother Michael muntean but not having any luck I don't know when he was born my dad won't help me

Getting him to miss me [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend recently asked that we take a break. I really want him back. If I leave him alone for a little while and give him the space he requested, will he start to miss me? What are the chances of him coming back?

Miss him [ 3 Answers ]

Does he think about me

New to this, miss my ex and do not know what to do. [ 12 Answers ]

Alright-- Me and my ex were dating for 11 months before we hit a huge rut. During those 11 months we never, ever had a fight (an actual fight) the little arguments were there on certain things, but that is natural. I am 20 years old and she is 19. When she moved here we started hanging...

View more questions Search