Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjrabrooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2006, 08:46 AM
    Occasional foul smell from furnace/AC Unit
    Occasionally I go to the basement only to smell a foul smell coming from the furnace/AC unit. It is a propane furnace. Is this a normal smell?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 14, 2006, 03:39 AM
    I would not consider this a normal smell. Please call a service person to check the problem.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Sep 14, 2006, 05:59 AM
    Yep. A propane leak or incomplete combustion/delayed ignition is nothing to fool with...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Occasional loss of vision in my left eye [ 13 Answers ]

Im a 26 yr old male and for about 4 or 5 yrs I have had times were I lose my vision in my left eye. Its very random and only last from 1 minute to 10 minutes & its always my left eye. Ive been to the eye doctor many times, every time they say my vision is perfect. Ive had MRI"s, they find nothing....

Occasional won't start 1995 Camry [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter (college) has a 1995 Camry that occasionally won't start after she stops to get gas. Long stops or starting after long sitting is not a problem. I have asked her to notice if there are any clicking noises from under the hood. She says no. I have asked her to shift the (Automatic trans)...

Foul Smell [ 11 Answers ]

I've owned my house for about 7 years now. The house is about 22 years old. Recently I ve had black particles coming out of the toilet when flushed and also, at times I smell a sewer smell coming out of my kitchen sink. The smell only stays for a couple of seconds. Can anyone tell me what I should...

Foul smell in kitchen drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a problem with a very bad odor in my kitchen sink drain since the weather got warm. My home is new and is a manufactured home in a park. I have used gel drain openers followed by boiling water and when that did not work I used a box of baking soda, 1cup of salt and 1 cup of vinegar, let...

Air in kitchen sink line - occasional hammering [ 3 Answers ]

I am helping someone with this problem and have only had it described to me, along with a layout of the house. A one story, concrete slab house, five years old is experiencing the problem. Infrequently when the kitchen faucet is turned on there is air discharge and hammering from both the cold...

View more questions Search