Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Solo44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 09:18 PM
    13.5 B&S how to correctly install and adjust push rods
    Hi,
    I have a 13.5 B&S O.H.V. mtr. That wouldn't start, I finally found that the rocker arm had come off the push rod. Installed the rocker arm back on and it ran for about a minute and came back off. So I took the push rods off and found that one had bent. I ordered replacement parts through B&S. I need to know how to adjust them when I put them back on.
    Thanks for any Information,
    Solo44
    krazziee Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 04:21 PM

Hello
    I have just had the same problem, it ran fine, shut it down and the next week was going to use it again and it would not crank at all, no pop, smoke, nothing. Everything seemed OK.
    After a lot of work on everything found the problem.
    Well it had a lot of carbon build up and the intake valve seized up. When I tried to crank it bent the intake push rod,,
    So...
    The first thing is to make sure the valves are free, that is what bent mine, exhaust valve seized and bent the push rod, the steel rod is for the exhaust and the aluminuim one is for the intake valve, make sure you get them in the lifter seat correctly. You will have to feel for it.
    I set mine at .003 - .005 on the intake and .005 - .007 on the exhaust, do not forget the lock screw in the middle of the adjustment nut , it is a torx , I do not remember the size. Hope this helps you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grounding rods [ 4 Answers ]

First off thanks everyone for all your help so far. I have a question about a grounding rod. Can it be used in place of a water utility connection? My water meter is a good 50 feet away from my house and I am pretty sure that the pipes that run into the house are non-metallic, plus I have no...

Ceiling Fan install not right on putting deco rods to top mount [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Hawthorne (Mod HD329788) ceiling fan purchased from Home Depot. Display model with all parts but no box or instruction booklet available. Upon mounting the deco rods from the uplight to the top mounting bracket we can't seem to get the right configuration to enable the...

What could bend push rods on john deere gx345 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2 yr old John Deere GX345 riding lawn tractor with the Kawasaki motor. Serial number mdg3458114794 with a 54inch cut mower deck. It has 360 hrs on it all mowing my 4 acre lawn. Recently after taking a break in mowing, I tried to restart my tractor and it's wouldn't start. I...

Not rotors or tie rods [ 2 Answers ]

wussup ladies and gentlemen. My vibation problem is still occurring. I have received sum good replies. At various speeds my car shakes. Sometimes it feels like its in the whole car. Could my problem be transmission mounts?

Ground Rods [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to install 2 ground Rods 5/8 by 8ft. Can anyone give me any hints on how to install these without damaging the rods. Also I heard that general rule of thumb is 8 foot down and 8 foot apart can anyone shed some light on these locations. Any help will be a great help. Thanks again, ...

View more questions Search