Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    escott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 08:50 PM
    To have water meter replaced and water tuned back on
    This is a small 16 family condo in Sanford Florida
    I had an issue where my HOA president in sanford Florida my tenant of having multiple families in a 2 bedroom condo. The tenant and myself responded to the HOA and let them know that it was not so. He then had a lawyer write to me and charged me lawyer fees on my association dues. I continued tt pay my association fees each month which he returned. Because of the harassment the tenant left on January 31. He went on to the property took out the meter and turned off the water. I did not owe any monies for dues or water. A new tenant signed a lease for February 1st and could not move in because there was no water. Finally, she had to move in because she had no where to go and had to leave where she was. I notified him that the tenant was moving in with a five year old and he needed to replace the meter and turn the water on. He still has not done so. I need some help this single mother and her child need water. I do not have money to hire a regular lawyer. He has also said he is going to place a lien on condo for non-payment when he has been returning my payment. His wife told me they are cleaning up the neighborhood from you people. How do I proceed with this. Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2009, 04:19 AM

You need to look at the HOA papers to see what is and is not allowed.

I have difficulty believing that the President of the HOA himself shut the water off and removed the meter.

If the "you people" language was some sort of ethnic slur, then you have an action - if you can prove it - and need an Attorney.

I don't think you can resolve this without an Attorney, anyway.

If you have a tenant living there since February without water I see the local authorities charging you with renting an uninhabitable unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced water heater, still receiving luke warm water,Why? [ 19 Answers ]

:(At first me and my husband started with replacing elements and thermostats on our current water heater, due to the fact we wasn't receiving hot water. ( It would be luke warm to cold quickly.) Didn't work. So, we purchased a new water heater and had it installed by an experienced friend of ours,...

Dip Tube replaced due to flakes in water, how to clean out hot water tank? [ 1 Answers ]

We have the issue where we are getting plastic flakes in our water, which stop up the water flow at the faucet. We did some research and found it was most likely caused by the dip tube being eroded, and we had it replaced with our home warranty. However, the repairmen who installed the new...

Replaced hot water heater but still have no hot water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I had a "dip tube" problem with my hot water heater so I had it replaced. Well, now I have a hot water heater with a good dip tube, but I still don't have hot water pressure in my bathroom, and at a couple sinks as well. How can I flush out my hot water pipes, to remove all the decay (pvc pipe...

Low water pressure after water main shut off value was replaced [ 3 Answers ]

I changed the water main shut value and now I have low water pressure, I also made sure that the arrow on the value was going in the direction of the water flow

Replaced electric water heater Atlanta area, but no hot water [ 14 Answers ]

The old water heater died. Bot one (38 gals) at HD. Installed exactly like the old one was as follows--3 CPVC pipes come out of wall. Two are joined. Before they are joined one has a valve. After they are joined there is a second valve. The pipe is connected to the cold side of the heater using...

View more questions Search