Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Apr 12, 2009, 07:33 PM
    I love her so much, but she lives in another state, and there are tons of complicatio
    Well, I've been going out with this wonderful, amazing girl since February. It's a long distance relationship, she lives in California, and I live in virginia, she's one of my goodfreind's cousins. We met at a barmitsfa(correct me if I spelt that wrong) when we first met it was like a spark , we got to talking and we really liked each other. The day she left she gave me her number. It wasn't until February when we started dating. But latley there's been problums.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 07:34 PM

What exactly are the complications? How old are you two?

More info please =)

Sarah

Apr 12, 2009, 07:42 PM
    Yeah,sorry about that, I didn't have enough room to type those, I was going to wait for some one to ask hehehe
    I'm 15 going on 16 in may, she's 14 going on 15 in November
    The problum is, her dad doesn't want her talking to me
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 07:51 PM

Ah, well I can see why.

I have a daughter, although she is only two. I as a parent would feel the same. She's 14 and she's all "I love you, I want to be with you..etc" and has something electronic attached to her constantly [phone, p.c. etc].

I know it feels like love, and you must really like her. Duh.

Truth is your far away, for long distance relationships to work you both need to be at a mature age. It makes it a lot harder to maintain a relationship if mom or dad are on your case about it. Plus it leads you to do stupid thing the next time you do see each other. I've seen my friends become pregnant on purpose just so they can be with their long distance boyfriends [this was in high school] and well it didn't turn out to so pretty.

I don't want to say dump her. However, I do believe that both you and her need to experience other things and not be waiting by the phone or the next text or Facebook wall from each other.

Sarah

Apr 12, 2009, 07:55 PM
    I defenetly see his concern, but he has talked to me, my mom, and my dad
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 08:40 PM

I've been there. (yes, at your age)

I can tell you this:
    It won't last.
    It's been two years for me. We aren't together, and we've both moved on with our lives, but we both still love each other. We don't mind that the other has a life without them.

Regardless of whether you like it or not, neither of you are in charge of your lives. You won't be able to be for at least two years, and at least three for her. I can (almost) guarantee that by then you will have had someone else in your life.

You will have both moved on, and you will both be happy without each other, no matter how you feel right now.

At the very least, you cannot continue living your live just to be with one person you cannot even be with realistically for years.

As mudweiser said, you need to live your life, and she needs to live hers. As long as you are together, you can't live your lives as they were meant to be lived.

It isn't easy, but you need to move on. You may love her, and she may love you, but there is nothing you can do about that right now. I'm sure that even if you do end up together in the long run, neither of you will blame each other for living your lives while you couldn't be together.

Live your life and have fun while you can, and if you still want her when you can have her, then talk to her about it then.

Apr 14, 2009, 06:14 PM

I guess you guys were right, she broke up with me, I don't want to go into the details, but I feel horrible, I'm managing to cope, she's trying to help, we're going to stay good friends, and when the time comes, when we're older, more mature, we're going to try again, I loved her to death, but she's right, right now in our lives, a long distance thing is too complicated, I do hope she still has some feelings for me
    I'm going to try to survive, its going to be hard, but thank you for your advice, it helps the pain a little
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 06:38 PM
    A Man With No Name:

Ah break ups. If it wasn't for them we'd be weak. If this was "true" love, I do believe you will see each other in the later future and rekindle that love.

As an "older person", I'll tell you something that may seem quite annoying to you since it is repeated a lot [with more words or less]:

You will fall in love again. It will get better from this point on.

Go outside, be with friends, do focus on school, and do do productive things with your time [i.e. volunteering].

AMHD is here for support,

Sarah

Apr 14, 2009, 06:43 PM

I thank you a lot, tons, I have an adhd coach, kind of ans adulkt I can talk to, we talked about this, really helped, but I still hurt a lot
    And thanks for your support, and one day I do have hopes to be with her, but if it doesn't happin, I'll try to live with it
    I'm coping, hurting, feeling bad for myself, beating myself up
    But I'm sure, in do time, with some coping mechanisms, like excersize, I think I'll beable to heal with time
    But you know, itl take a while, so until then I'm going to feel aweful and everythings going to remind me of her
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 06:52 PM
    What your experiencing is something completely normal. Break ups are hard. Your breaking a part of you off. Instead of feeling a physical pain like you would if you broke a bone, you feel a pain emotionally.

You shouldn't be beating yourself up. You live with your parents, your quite young. And you need to finish school. These are things you really have no control over, in which effects on having a functioning long distance relationship. It's not your fault that it didn't work out this time around.

I am happy you are seeing the end of the tunnel and didn't take the "emo" way.

Sarah

Apr 14, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Haha, of caurse not
    But the hardest part of it all is listening to metallica:nothing else matters
    Guns n roses:sweet child o mine
    Led zeppelin:going to California
    Rhcp:californiacation
    Wich really sucks, some of my favorite bands, and some of my favorite songs, ruined you know
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:18 PM

AManWithNoName agrees: haha, no problum, it hurts a lot to get your heart broken, I just don't want anyone to hurt like I do
    It's a part of growing up. It's a learning experience everyone eventually gets to. In a way it is a good thing: you find yourself, you gain personal growth, you become a stronger you.

Sarah

Apr 14, 2009, 07:25 PM
    Thank you, thank you
    You have been so much help, and I hope to stay friends with her, I do, but me and her have some talking to do, to clear some things out, to make the pain hurt less
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AManWithNoName View Post
    thank you, thank you
    you have been so much help, and i hope to stay freinds with her, i do, but me and her have some talking to do, to clear some things out, to make the pain hurt less
    One thing I've learned: trying to "clear things up" after a relationship is over is never good. It stirs things up and it really dirties your progress of healing.

Sarah

Apr 14, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    One thing I've learned: trying to "clear things up" after a relationship is over is never good. It stirs things up and it really dirties your progress of healing.

Sarah
    I'm sorry, but we both want to stay friends, and I'd like that a lot
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AManWithNoName View Post
    I'm sorry, but we both want to stay freinds, and I'd like that alot
    I'm not saying don't be friends, just leave the romantic part out- it's done and over with. If you bring stuff back it'll only make your friendship a lot harder to have. In order to move on you need to go froward, not regress.

Sarah

Apr 17, 2009, 07:18 PM
    How do I get over her after loving her so much
    Love has never really been my forte, whenever I fall for a girl, we allways end up breaking up in a way that isn't really nessasary
    Recentley my girlfreind(ex girlfreind) broke up with me, we were in a long distance relationship, of caurse there were complications and difficulties, some arguments, her folks didn't want her talking with me, our only communication was our phones, and it seemed like we took turns getting them taken away by our parents, the three hour difference, last Friday she got caught texting in class, which we did a lot, and got the privelage to take her phone to school away, so I thought things were going to be fine until Monday evening, because we did what we normally did Friday through Monday morning, flirt, tell each other"I love you""I love you too", but that evening I got a call from her, I was excited, she normally couldn't call around that time because shed be at swim or in the car with her mom, but I couldn't poick up because I was moving boxes out of my grandmas apartment, so she left a message that pretty much said,"um, Andrew, I don't think we're working out out, things arw just getting too confusing and complicated, your never gonna move down here and I'm never gonna move down there, so we're done" I was heart broken, I loved her so much
    That night we talked, I tried to ask if she still loved me, she said " I don't know" she said she still wanted to talk, I said "of caurse" and we do, but the last few days have been me asking her if we can try again this summer when things are less complicated, and if she still lloved me, the answere now,"I'm sorry" I've been in so much pain this week
    I got to know, will I ever get over her, she's going to fall in love with someone else, and I'm going to end up being the jealouse ex boy friend, and its going to be twice as worse because he's going to be able to do all the things with her that I could never do, so I need help getting over her before too late
    Also, do you think that she still loves me, I hope so, and I know, I'm getting my hopes up, she's not as perfect as you thought she was anderw, ectectect
    But, do you think she broke with me because she stopped loving me, or because of the distance and all the complications
    Please, I need help before I end up hurt, more hurt than I am right now
    Also, if you could give me advice on staying friends with her without trying to ask the why's the what ifs and the do you stills
    Thank you
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Apr 18, 2009, 11:49 AM

OK... I can see that you are very confused,and yes it is going to be hard,I'm kind of going threw the same thing and sometimes I don't no what to do either, so let me start by telling you that you are not alone, every one will go threw this at one point in their life, sometimes things work out and sometimes things don't, sorry to tell you this but I think the best thing to do is move on, just take it one by one(baby steps) start by hanging out wit your friends do something to get her off your mind, but still talking to her is just going to make things worse,tell her that its hard for you to just be her friend and in order to get over her you can't talk to her, yes it is going to be very hard but I promise things will get better please rite back soon
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Apr 19, 2009, 01:14 PM

All you can do is carry on with your life and someday you'll stumble across another girl that's going to take oyur breath away. And you'll tell yourself that its love and the love you had for the girl before is nothing compared to this. Then you might break up with her and the cycle will happen again, its called life.

And for the her loving you bit, she's the only one that can answer that.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 19, 2009, 01:18 PM

If you really want to get better and not feel so much heartache, I've learned that when you busy yourself with friends and activities, there's no time for it. Have fun. When a good opportunity comes your way, take it and don't look back. Before you know it, you'll find yourself to be high on life and she'll look at you're confidence and success and say "Wow... if only I had thought more before I left him." And even better, you'll learn even more about yourself.

However, I don't care who you are or what you've been through. Getting broken up with hurts and it always will. Just always strive to do things that make you smile and in the end, it will all be good. I promise. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a boyfriend, but I'm in Love with another guy that's lives far away is that bad? [ 8 Answers ]

I had been single for a year. Then this Christmas break I went to Mexico to celebrate my 15 and at a party I saw a guy that I had started to like along time ago, but because I live far we ended our friendship. When I saw him I went crazy, I was so happy to see him. We partyed that day and that was...

A couple lives different state [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I lived in California together from Jan-June last year, then I moved to Illinois on July, but my husband is still in California. We worked and get W-2. How do we state the filling status for our state tax return? How do we deal with the dividend and interests for a joint account in...

State Filing where husband lives in PA, wife lives in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

In 2008, my husband lived and worked in PA, while I worked in PA, but lived in NJ. We would like to file jointly for our federal taxes, but are not sure how to file for the state taxes. Should I file MFS for my NJ taxes, and he file MFS for his PA taxes or should we file using another option?

Joint State taxes when I live in 1 state and wife lives in another [ 3 Answers ]

Presently I am living and working in NM. My wife and children are living in MA. My wife does not work. In order to get MA health Insurance I had to set my permanent address in MA for my company. I am now paying state taxes to both states. Should I be paying taxes in the state that I am not living...

Can a convicted felon who lives in Kentucy get a state job? [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a convinced felon who lives in Kentucky, can you get a job through the state?

View more questions Search