Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniferroxanne Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Is this because of my medication?
    I take a dose of 75mg of effixor once a day. Last week I ran out of pills and stopped taking them for 3-4 days. I got really sick and finally had to go to the hospital for a refill.I
    Started taking them in the morning, which is what your supposed to do, I always used to take them at night. Ever since I started taking them in the morning I spend the whole day dazed off and tired. I can't concentrate on anything, it's hard to even hold a conversation.
    Is is possible taking the pills in the morning could make me this way, and for the WHOLE day?? Should I start taking them at nighttime again? I'm a little confused cause if I's not the pills don't know what itwould be.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 12:36 PM

It may take a few days or even a couple of weeks for your body to get used to the change. Don't worry at this point. If you feel dozy though, don't drive or do anything else that you need to be alert for.
    Bsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Any antidepressant can have withdrawal symptoms when taken for more than 6 weeks. Your withdrawal symptoms were obviously on the severe side. As for the morning dose of effexor, different antidepressants can cause different side effects depending on the person, in this case, it causes drowsiness in you. You should go back to taking it at night, since that has been working for you. If you want to get off it, you'll need a weening schedule. Hope this helps (I'm an RPh in La)
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Apr 19, 2009, 11:48 PM

Iam on effexor and I had problems like that 2. I take them right before I go to bed. But If I start feeling light headed or dizzy a warning sign you need your effexor I take a 75mg pill. SHe gives me both 150mg and 75mg when I have those days that 1 pill doesn't seem to cut it.. I did sleep a lot when I took it in the day, she reccomends taking it at night ,

Best of luck,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medication getting in the way? [ 8 Answers ]

I've been taking some anxiety medication and its been really hard for me to reach my peak in bed. Its getting very frustrating to my boyfriend & myself. Usually I enjoy sex more than my boyfriend, and am practically begging for it.. but lately I think I'm just having sex out of habit, I find my...

Medication use [ 5 Answers ]

I took 5000 mgs of a watson 853 or what some people call a Norco 8 days ago. I abused these norcos the entire week with varying amounts each day, 4000 here, 6000 there, all the way up to 11,000mgs on one certain day. I just had a urine screening about 8 days later. How long will these amounts stay...

NAP Medication [ 5 Answers ]

Hi How can I get "natrium pentobarbital" without a doctors prescription?Anyone got ideas? Living in europe

Medication KCK what is it for [ 1 Answers ]

What is the medication KCL used for

Medication [ 3 Answers ]

Information about QD ALL which was prescribed for allergies.:D

View more questions Search