Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frenchyqt100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Can he travel to dominican repblic/ caribean island
    Hi,my fiancé is a felon ,I'm from dominican republic ,I want him to visit my country but not sure if applying for a passport is a waste of time,would he be able to visit there or st,thomas and or st maarteen,I haven't been home in 8 yr because he doesn't want me to go alone ,does anyone know if he would be able to go, or have a problem leaving the us,I'm home sick:(... need to go get it cured .I will like some general ideas how to and if I can make it work... thanks.. frenchyqt100
    Xyzpdq0121 Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Apr 12, 2009, 09:53 AM

Is he on active parole or probation?! If not, he should have no problem with it. I have a house in the DR and I live part time in St Maarten and I am an American citizen. I do have a small criminal history and have NEVER had a problem coming and going as I want too. Heck, I never get search through customs. St. Thomas is a US territory so you would have even less of a problem there. (now, why you would want to go to St. Thomas is a different story!)

On the other hand, if he is on active probation or parole, you need to get special permission to travel out of the country. You need to have a letter on you at all times that you try to leave or enter the country stating that the parole or probation department knows that you are leaving and you have permission to do so. The letter should state the days that you are permitted to travel and to where. DO NOT try to extend your trip for any reason. Unless it is an act of God, you need to be back when you say you are coming back and go when you say you are going to go. Any change to that and you need to let the parole/probation department know BEFORE you try to travel and as soon as you know there will be a delay.
    frenchyqt100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyzpdq0121 View Post
    Is he on active parole or probation?!? If not, he should have no problem with it. I have a house in the DR and I live part time in St Maarten and I am an American citizen. I do have a small criminal history and have NEVER had a problem coming and going as I want too. Heck, I never get search through customs. St. Thomas is a US territory so you would have even less of a problem there. (now, why you would want to go to St. Thomas is a different story!)

On the other hand, if he is on active probation or parole, you need to get special permission to travel out of the country. You need to have a letter on you at all times that you try to leave or enter the country stating that the parole or probation department knows that you are leaving and you have permission to do so. The letter should state the days that you are permitted to travel and to where. DO NOT try to extend your trip for any reason. Unless it is an act of God, you need to be back when you say you are coming back and go when you say you are going to go. Any change to that and you need to let the parole/probation department know BEFORE you try to travel and as soon as you know there will be a delay.
    He is not on probation or parole ,he is all done that,so that means he should be OK to travel to st maarteen my dad lives there and st thomas that's were I grew up and went to school there,also have family there want him to know about my roots to I know all his and about DR have they given you any problems all I hear is horror stories about immigration.
    Xyzpdq0121 Posts: 85, Reputation: 6

Apr 12, 2009, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchyqt100 View Post
    he is not on probation or parole ,he is all done that,so that means he should be ok to travel to st maarteen my dad lives there and st thomas thats were i grew up and went to school there,also have family there wnat him to know about my roots to i know all his and about DR have they given you any problems all i hear is horror stories about immigration.

Nope, no problems... He is a citizen so he should be fine. You can check with the state department though. I say go for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sking lighting for african american, or caribean woman [ 8 Answers ]

Please help me on finding a product that's good enough to clear the knees, elbow, nukcles, the neck to make the sking look like little kim without any knowing the differences.

Dominican traveling to Canada with Dominican passport and US visa [ 1 Answers ]

My grandma is from dominican Republic, and I am wondering if she could enter canada with a Dominican Passport, and a U.S. visa.

Can a local bank in the Dominican Republic come after me in the US? [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased 3 apartments in the dominican republic as an investment. I was hoping to purchase and sell them to a particular perspective buyer. The buyer backed out and now the bank will be forclosing on the properties. Can the bank come after me in the US or can the foreclosure appear on my...

Boyfriend going to Dominican [ 3 Answers ]

:( My boyfriend is going to domincan in feb with his friends, out of which only one have a girlfriend. I told him I'm worried about going because he's going to get drunk and hook up with someone he told me he's going at time when no one will be there and that I should trust him, he's never given...

What to wear to Caribean wedding for the mother-of-the-bride? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Please help!! My daughter is getting married in the Caribbean next month. What would be appropriate attire? The wedding will be in a gazebo near the beach. 80's degree F temperate. What do ladies wear in the Caribbean islands? I'm a 50's something, average height and size. I've been told...

View more questions Search