Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shane H Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Didn't file taxes multiple years
    What can happen to me if I don't file my taxes multiple years?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2009, 07:30 PM

Owe a lot of money, go to prison, get a tax lien on your bank accounts, home, cars, what else bad do you want to happen.

So you go back and file for all the years you did not, does not mean you write a check, but you file, After that you work out a payment plan with them
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Apr 11, 2009, 07:53 PM

You must file all the tax returns if the income was more than the filing requirement.
    For returns for 2005 and previous years, you will not get any refund even if you have a refund.
    If you owe taxes, you must pay with interest and penalty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file taxes for the last 6 years [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guy's I haven't filed tax's I think for the last 6 years what do I do...

Single file copy to same directory on multiple machines - XP [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'd like to use any copy command (PSexec, Robocopy, copy, xcopy) to copy a SINGLE file to the same location on MULTIPLE machines using XP. e.g. XCopy TEST.txt \\MACHINE1\C:\MyDir XCopy TEST.txt \\MACHINE2\C:\MyDir XCopy TEST.txt \\MACHINE3\C:\MyDir Cxopy TEST.txt ...

I did not file last years taxes, penalties? [ 2 Answers ]

I have yet to file my taxes for 2006, this year has been completely busy, and totally stressful for me. I'm 21, first time doing taxes on my own and not quite sure what I need to do (I know that might sound silly but it's true). If I file before this year is up, I know I will owe, maybe around...

I didn't file taxes for 10 years [ 15 Answers ]

I am a single women that has lived with my sister for 10 years. In that time, I have always worked cash jobs. Since 1997, I have not filed a tax return or paid income tax at all. Now I am scared. I don't have any money and I barely make ends meet. I just started working at a factory where taxes...

Can I file last years taxes this year [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Rhode Island but work in Massachusetts. I filed my Rhode Island income taxes last year but forgot to file my Massachusetts non resident. Can I send in my Massachusetts non-resident form from last year (2005) this year (2006)?

View more questions Search