Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmontelaro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Should I call my oral surgeon now or can I wait until Monday?
    I had a lower left molar removed 2 weeks ago, and a bone graft was placed there. On Thursday evening after cleaning the area as instructed, and rinsing with rx mouthwash, I felt something that I thought was food particles. Upon looking at it more closely, it looked and felt like a clearish, gel-like consistency. On Friday evening after rinsing and cleaning, I looked at my site, and saw that the socket appeared to be empty... previously, I had been noticing a whitish something there... the socket appears to be empty but very red, almost dark. I just saw the oral surgeon Wednesday and he stated that the site did not look infected, and to be careful in cleaning the site so that the cover didn't come off the graft. How would I know that it has actually come off? Is it something I did? What could happen now? I've had discomfort since the procedure, with swelling, pain along my jawline running into my ear, and a foul taste, but it feels different now. Please advise if possible. Thank you.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Apr 12, 2009, 11:46 AM

Swelling, pain, and a bad taste are the main signs on infection. If the blot clot has been dislodged you may have a dry socket which will present as intense pain. If you have no pain, swelling, or pus coming from the site I would just wait until your next post-op check.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 12:32 PM

If a bone graft was placed I would think you would have had sutures placed. I'd call the dentist Monday morning and explain what you have said here, he will probably want to see you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much I have to wait for call letter from british embassy in pakistan for spouse v [ 2 Answers ]

I live in pakistan and my husand is in england My appeal is accepted on 11 of September I'm waiting for my call letter but can't have any reply They send me mail on 5 th dec 2008 that I have to wait another three weeks Can you tell me how much time normally it takes Or can I do something to...

Should I call or wait for him? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend broke up with me about three and a half weeeks ago over the phone. He told me he's been feeling about this for a while, and that I was a hard person to get through to. We had a big fight first and din't talk for a while. I figured if I gave him his space then he would realize that we...

Should I call him or wait? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been sort of seeing this guy for 7-8 weeks. He calls 1-2 times per day 5 times per week while he's at work and not. Has only seen me 4 times though(he said work is #1 and he is busy,I work every weekend) We get along great, talk easily, have a lot incommon(both divorced and 48,him a cop, me...

Should I wait for him to call/make a move after a break up [ 9 Answers ]

Two months ago I broke with my boyfriend as he said I was just a passing phase for him and that he wasn't too sure if he might take it more seriously later... but till then he wanted to just have a kind of fling sort of thing with me, however I must say he was caring until I simply wrote to him and...

Should I give up or wait for him to call? [ 1 Answers ]

There was this dude that liked me and I like him too but for some reason we just never went out. He got a girlfriend and they were together for like 3 months but now they broke up I think and I was wondering if I should let it go and let the past be the past or should I wait for him to call me so...

View more questions Search