Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toy813 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 05:00 PM
    How to get a donated car?
    Hi I'm a single parent and I'm trying to get a car so I can get me and my child from A to B. The only thing is I have very little cash. What do I do?
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 05:05 PM

But seriously:
    Check the used car shops around town.

I don't know your area, but I know here that often they will give cars for as little as $100 to get popular support. Plead your case and try to get the news in on it and a manager may agree!

Good Luck!

If nothing works out, there is nothing wrong with taking a bus.
    jeffrey michael Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Apr 11, 2009, 05:15 PM

Here's a link the I think will be helpful if not it should put you going in the right directionCar Donation : 800charitycars.org: Donate Car and Charity Cars
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Check with your local religious group, check with other non profit groups in your area. Most call donation places, take donated cars and sell them to use the money for charity.

Often people get cars from other people, goups that know they need help and the such.

Also you did not mention where you work, is there somewhere there that could help. Also we all know owning a car will have its costs, gas, insurance, tags and more
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 05:39 PM

Just an idea but you could rent a car only on the days you actually need it
    selenagomez1238 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2009, 02:15 AM

I have good source for car donation.This is charity for kids.I think you should contact them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get a car donated to me [ 10 Answers ]

How can I get a free or donated car? Or get help with the deposit:

How do I get a car donated to me? [ 2 Answers ]

I ma single mother of 3 and I am looking to find a really cheap car or one donated to me

House donated to disabled woman [ 2 Answers ]

As a couple, purchased a home , using my money and ex's credit, before he left me , he donated me the home, registered at clerk of court as donated to me.. many questions now... Want to go to hope.org or finance company to reduce payments, on social security. Will the finance company allow this...

When was the last time you donated? [ 8 Answers ]

So today as a volunteer canvasser, I basically had to knock on all my neighbours door and ask for donation for a charity that helps people with physical disabilities. The result was brutal, sad, and discouraging. In sum, I basically had people slamming doors at my face, as if I'm trying to steal...

View more questions Search