Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Antonia1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 02:14 PM
    How do I become a girly girl ?
    Hello ,

I wantr to become more of a girly girl , but I don't know where to start ?
    I mean I wear make-up but I don't know where to star ?

Can anyone help me ? :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2009, 02:19 PM

Maybe start by checking what the difference is with your clothing style and things you enjoy and how they are different than the girly girl way.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 02:27 PM

I can't really advice you until I have an idea of how old you are.

Fashion is about understanding what your assets are and also wearing what you love and just being you .The best style there is is your own style. Express who you are.

The less makeup you wear the better.Lip gloss only and a little cover up for a zit.Otherwise ,make-up,men and boys really don't like it!

You wear happiness and confidence when you follow your own style.
    Remember this ,it is so true *Less is more*!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 02:35 PM

Aaaahhhh! Why be a girly girl if its not you.

Be you,you are an amazing human being,with all the gifts and qualities that made you unique..

Trying to be a girly girl won't fit,if that's not who you are.

Be you.you are amazing.know that,know yourself.

Be unique.dont be a sheep. Be an individual.

Concor the world,and be amazing as you are.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 11, 2009, 02:35 PM

What exactly is the definition of "girly girl"?

Is it pretty dresses, ringlets in the hair, makeup, mary janes?

Don't conform to others ideals, be yourself, find yourself, be comfortable in you own skin. Don't be a label, be an original.

In other words, it's up to you, your taste, your interests, not about what other people think is cute or pretty.

Just my take on it. :)
    rose_dream Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 12:45 AM

Hey I'm 18 and went and still am going through the same thing. Im not a girly girl whatsoever but had phases where I really wanted to be one, and when I'm with my girlfriends it drives me nuts that I'm not interesed in what they are. But when I tried to be a girly girl it felt so fake, and it was worse then being the laid back, straight up, hate shopping kind of girl. But if one of your reasons for wanting to do this is thinking that being a girly girl would let you getmore guys, that's not the case. There are millions of guys out there looking for a girl that has more on hermind then the latest sale or latest style. Actually in the end more guys perfer a more laid back girl anyway, you would be surprised..
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 12, 2009, 02:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonia1234 View Post
    Hello ,

I wantr to become more of a girly girl , but i don't know where to start ?
    I mean i wear make-up but i don't know where to star ?

Can anyone help me ? :(
    Why do you want to change? What do you hope to achieve by becoming a "girly Girl"?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2009, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rose_dream View Post
    Hey im 18 and went and still am going through the same thing. Im not a girly girl whatsoever but had phases where i really wanted to be one, and when im with my girlfriends it drives me nuts that im not interesed in what they are. But when I tried to be a girly girl it felt soo fake, and it was worse then being the laid back, straight up, hate shopping kind of girl. But if one of your reasons for wanting to do this is thinking that being a girly girl would let you getmore guys, thats not the case. There are millions of guys out there looking for a girl that has more on hermind then the latest sale or latest style. Actually in the end more guys perfer a more laid back girl anyways, you would be surprised..
    Exactly. I get along with guys better because I don't act all girly girl
    Because guys talk about interesting things like rebuilding motors, motorcycles, etc...
    Girls like talking about ''Do you think he will like these shoes with this dress?" "What shade of eyeshade do you think looks best?" "Do you think Jill broke up with Jack and went back with Ben because he got a great job?"
    miss grumpy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 07:05 PM
    It starts with make up I usaually wear eyeliner then put cute lipgloss on then wear pink (dont have to) and put mascara on any color eyeshadow... then poof u look cute!
    :cool:
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 07:09 PM

Be yourself don't be another Hanna Montana want to be slut. Sorry but most people that say "girly girl" mean short skirts and a ton of makeup.

Be yourself. It's always better. Guys like a girl that is real. People like people that are real. People that are fake are immating someone who was real. Don't be a copy-cat- be your own tiger.

Sarah
    FireSpell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 03:43 PM
    Well don't change yourself too much. It won't help you if you change now because it will confuse people. But I also need to know your age , do you have a boyfriend, and what grade you are in. Plus, what school you go to and if you have to wear a uniform. If you do, wear a little make-up and do something with your hair.
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Mar 2, 2010, 01:45 AM

Hi,
    I really like watching makeup vids every now and then for tips and trends. I like to see what's new! I saw these two sisters on YouTube (Elle and Blair. Elle is 21 and Blair is 18?) that are fun to watch. They give all kinds of great tips not only on hair and makeup up but all things relating to style and fashion... They're very girly but that's not all they do. They're both excellent students and have become entrepreneurs and have appeared in Seventeen magazine and Elle magazine. They have tons of vids... Enjoy! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/allthatg...13/OgmthITPe-A
    YouTube - How To: The Lauren Conrad Braid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUX3o...eature=related

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Everyone thinks I'm a girly girl how can I become a tomboy and fast? [ 20 Answers ]

Hi my name is erryce I love to play basketball and run track but the problem is I think I'm a tomboy but everyone else thinks otherwise. I love to wear skirts and dresses but I'm in love with basketball shorts and t-shirts with sneakers I love playing with the boys but I have a lot of friends that...

How do I become a girly girl for my boyfriend [ 11 Answers ]

Can you tell me some tips how to become a girly girl so I can get a boy friend I am tired of being a tomboy

Tomboy or Girly Girl [ 19 Answers ]

I need help on deciding whether I am a tomboy. I was asking myself a lot, and I need to know, so when I go on my first day of Middle School I'll be able to tell others my personality. Here are a list of hobbies and interests, and how I dress. My interests and hobbies are: Serve and Protect my...

Change into a girly girl [ 9 Answers ]

Ok guys and gals, I am afraid I have to change into a girly girl because in the future Grandma is taking me on a shopping trip, and other girly things I have to do. PLEASE HELP! What do I have to do to make this trasition? What kind of clothes do I have to wear. I don't want to be a girly girl,...

View more questions Search