Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hoping4aBFP Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Apr 11, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Could this interfere with my annual exam?
    Possibly pregnant?
    Hello to all that may remember me (and to those who don't)...
    I haven't been around in a couple of years, but since posting here before I am still married to my wonderful husband (going on 4 years) and we have one beautiful 15 month old daughter together. We aren't actively Trying to conceive, but we want to start trying for another in a few months. My husband just returned from a 15 month tour in Iraq and he missed our daughter's birth by 3 weeks. We want some time for them to get to know each other before adding to our family. BUT we had an OOPS one day before I ovulated (I only know this because I have been charting to see what my body is doing since the birth of my daughter and also to try and prevent pregnancy... for now) So, when my chart showed that I ovulated after the oops I got myself worked up and wondering if I could have gotten pregnant. I guess charting to prevent isn't going so well for me right now! I am not on any kind of birth control and we have been using the "pull and pray" method since I don't want to be on anything hormonal since my cycles are somewhat normal, averaging around 35 days since having my daughter (since I stopped breastfeeing anyway) compared to having a cycle every 2-3 months before having her. This may sound stupid, but I am scheduled for my annual pap smear on Monday when I will be 8DPO. I could very well be pregnant considering the oh so great timing my husband and I had intercourse when he just so happened to not pull out that one time. (I yelled at him for it, haha.) So, I am just curious if it will affect the results of my pap smear if I am pregnant or if it will affect my pregnancy if I have a pap done and I don't know for sure yet whether I am pregnant or not. I guess if I tell my doctor that I could be they will know what to do, but I just wanted some feedback about it. Thanks!

P.S. My username is from before having my daughter! I am in fact NOT Hoping4aBFP right now, lol! Although if it happened, I would take it as a blessing. :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2009, 05:01 AM

A pap smear is fine while pregnant, in fact often women will have one during pregnancy, and a pregnancy won't effect the results. They will do a pregnancy test as well, even though it might be a bit early.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Apr 15, 2009, 08:12 AM

Many obgyns have told me they can tell just with a simple exam if a woman is pregnant. Also, tell them you would like a quick pregnancy test in office. They should have no problem giving you one.
    Tandah Posts: 67, Reputation: 5

Apr 15, 2009, 08:51 AM

I had a phap test when I was 10 weeks pregnant, suppose to get at least one done while you are pregnant! Its perfectly safe :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do children interfere with marriage? [ 5 Answers ]

DETAILS: I am four weeks pregnant. My husband and I had only been married one year before we finally got pregnant. I love my husband more than anything. We never do anything without one another. We both want to have the child, but I'm scared to know that I will love something more than my...

How do children interfere with marriage? [ 3 Answers ]

DETAILS: I am four weeks pregnant. My husband and I had only been married one year before we finally got pregnant. I love my husband more than anything. We never do anything without one another. We both want to have the child, but I'm scared to know that I will love something more than my...

How do children interfere with marriage? [ 1 Answers ]

What is on the per-exam for lpn or practice exam [ 1 Answers ]

What is on practice exam for LPN?

View more questions Search