Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stpalligrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 03:16 AM
    Singer Sewhandy Electric Toy sewing machine identify motor and mounting.
    Ok... so someone gave me this cute child's toy Singer Sewhandy Electric sewing machine.
    This is a child's "toy" sewing machine. It has no bobbin, no reverse. It does only chain stitching.
    I inspected it before trying to turn it on, good thing too because the way the motor was mounted inside it would have started sparks flying. Im pretty sure that the motor isn't the correct one for that model... there's no way to fit the motor for proper allignment with the machine, the mount holes in the case and the ones on the motor can not line up with each other... the person who put the motor in the case forced it and shattered one of the mounts as a result.
    I went to Singers website and I was able to find out that this Sewhandy is a Model 50, Made in Britain in 1962. Ive spent hours online searching for info on this machine... Ill settle for just one picture of the motor mounted inside the case. These toy machines that chain stitch use special motors and they are mounted under the machine in the bottom of the case where a child won't be hurt by it.
    I collect sewing machines and love fixing them, but this one has me pulling my hair out.
    The motor has a few numbers printed on it... I don't know what the numbers are for but maybe someone out there might.. 28350 - 3 and on the side B 221 Made in USA.
    What Im hoping for is that someone that owns the same sewhandy model well stumble upon this and take a picutre of theirs and show it to me.. lol..
    Thanks for reading this... ;o)
    StPalligrl

Good luck and may the force be with you
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 06:12 AM
    I would use Google for a search on this unit.
    Misspouch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 02:39 PM
    I have this same little machine and can email a picture to you if you will let me know your email address, or do we go through this forum? If so, I have no idea how to do it, do you? Let me know what you need a picture of and I'll be glad to do it for you.
    sfiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 07:17 AM
    Ditto, same as Misspouch
    quilting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Yes I have it too... it's my sister's machine and my mom still has it.
    dance56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2012, 01:49 AM
    I also have one from when I was a little kid. Learned how to sew on it and made my Barbie doll clothes and my Troll doll clothes on it. I am wondering how much it is worth. Mine is in excellent condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Singer Sewing Machine 457 [ 9 Answers ]

I would like to knowhow to thread the bobbin on this machine. I have the diagram and still unable to do it! Please help, if possible. Thanksj

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

Value of Singer Sewing Machine [ 4 Answers ]

Can you please help me to determine the value of my family's Singer sewing machine serial # AH36972 it is approximately 57 or so years old and is in perfect working condition, in fact I just used it to make my grandaughter a stuffed animal and a quilt. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you:

Singer Electric sewing machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Singer Electric Sewing Machine (15-97) I would like to know what it is worth.

Antique Electric Singer Sewing Machine [ 5 Answers ]

I bought and old Singer sewing machine at an auction. It is electric and is in the original wooden case, it works great but I am having trouble finding any information on it. I have found similar ones w/a lot more fancy work on them but not this model, the Serial Number is AH782181. Does anyone...

View more questions Search