My back
    And the way I sleep
    If you have the slightest idea please tell
    Meh
    Thanks
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 01:02 AM

Have you tried Blue Light Therapy? If not, Google it. Really helped me.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Apr 11, 2009, 02:20 AM

There a so manny reasons you may not be sleeping at night.

LIke: Diet, do you have a lot of sugar in your diet (Note: Almost everything has sugar, even hamburger buns at Mcdonalds.). Do you drink a lot of pop? Eat a lot of chocolat bars. More than one pop, or chocoalte bar in a day is way too much. It's hard on our systems. Especailly if you consume them at night, also they contain caffeine. Also, stay away from energy drinks.

Stress, if you are stressed you won't sleep very well because either it's causing a pian, strain or ache, or you're thinking and having trouble shuting down for rest.

Do you do anything active at night? Like work out clost to bed time, go for a run? The heart gets going then you want it to stop, no, it needs time for that.

Oh, eating before bed in general is not a good idea. It causes the digestive tract to work, and while you want to sleep you don't want that. If you must eat, have something light, and easy to digest like an orenge.

Do you listen to loud, fast or heavy music before bed? What kind of TV do you watch if you watch it?

Does light bother you? Does sound bother you?

Do you take medication, do you do drugs? Do you drink on the week ends?(as this will really mess with your sleep, especailly if you stay up late.)

Do you do anything active in the day? IF you don't use much energy, then you won't feel tired.

If your back hurts, try sleeping with a pillow between your legs while on your side, or on your back put a pillow under them, so that the middle of the pillow is where your keens are.

Also, don't read or do anything in your bed other than sleep, and Sex. Try to avoid using your room for much other than sleep.

Well, that's what the booklet said that my doctor gave me. I answered those questions and it all came to me. I just needed to adjust some things, that's all. Let me know how it goes.

If it works, sleep tight! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleeping at night [ 3 Answers ]

Peyton is now 2 weeks old. She still has her days and nights mixed up which means long nights for me. When she is awake at night she is fussy almost like she is fighting sleep. When she does finally fall asleep I will lay her down for her to wake up 15 to 20 minutes later and the process starts all...

Sleeping through the night? [ 2 Answers ]

Duncan is doing very well- almost 14 weeks and getting bigger by the second. The question is, he doesn't always sleep through the night. He was getting up in the middle of the night every night at first, now it's more like every other night or 3-4 times per week. We are just wondering when it is...

Dog not sleeping through the night [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this site. My dad asked me to do a little research about why my 4 year old German Shepherd dog isn't sleeping through the night. She eats Eukanuba Large Adult Dry Food mixed with Pedigree Adult wet food at about 6 pm. Before my family goes to bed, we let her out to go to the...

Sleeping through the night [ 1 Answers ]

OK my son is now 5 ina half months old and does not sleep through the night instead he wakes up EVERY hour sometimes every half hour and its been like this for a long while about 3 months and its taking its toll on me being a single mother going to school full time. Am asking for anyway that you...

Sleeping through the night [ 7 Answers ]

Ok friends, here's another question for you. Is it normal for a two year old to not be sleeping through the night? My son has basically never slept through the night. There will be an occasional night that he does, but for the most part, he wakes up several times a night. I am tempted to just let...

View more questions Search