Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pumanator Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 07:49 PM
    Payne Furnace giving conflicting codes
    Have a 2 yr old 90% efficiency unit.Getting code 33 while the blower runs and then code 13 when it's off. Limit switch suppose to reset in 3 hrs but has not. Flame rollout switch is not tripped so can't manually reset. This prob came about from not changing filter soon enough.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 08:20 PM

Both codes indicate a limit switch or flame rollout switch, you may have a defective switch and checking with a meter may be necessary to determine the interruption in the control circuit, good luck, Mike
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 08:37 AM

Turn the power of to the unit and peck the limit swtch with a screw driver. Sometime if a unit over heats the limit will get stuck and need a little assesants in reseting. It should be a plastic switch 1 1/2 wide by 3 in tall on the upper left side or right side of your unit. It will have 2 wires hooked to it.

Apr 11, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Check for resistance and I get 0 ohms. Its hard to tell if the switch popped as it will not push in or out and looks raised but again the picture on line look like its raised. Pulled it and looked for how many ohms it should register but its been too many years since I diagnosed small electrical. There are numbers so I assume I can find for ohms with 110 v the amp number shown and solve but have for gotten how.

Or... how many ohms should it show?

Thanx:confused:
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 06:22 PM

Your checking the flame role outs now did you tap the high limit switch it see if it was stuck? The little bottons on the role outs you will know if it is out or not it will go in easy and make a small click.

Apr 11, 2009, 06:24 PM

OK found pie equation and there were several numbers on the part but 52A was most desernable so 52/110 was 2.11 ohms... soooo??

Apr 11, 2009, 06:26 PM
    Could not find the limit... there is a small blower motor, not the main blower, with a circular vacuum switch with a vac line and 2 wires but no box.
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 06:27 PM

Also there may be a limit down in the blower compartmant as well.
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Up higher then the small blower at the above the burners is where the limit will be
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 06:29 PM
    http://www.hvacpartsoutlet.com/Produ...SLB1370902.JPG
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 06:31 PM
    The little black switch in the middle

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5155/dsc03382ht1.jpg

Apr 11, 2009, 06:35 PM

OK, will look there. Looks like the roolout is not the prob... did the car thermastat trick and warmed it up on the stove and it popped... cooled 10 sec later and I could reset it.

Apr 11, 2009, 06:55 PM

OK, found limit switch and it reads 0 ohms and has no adjustment screw on it.

Apr 11, 2009, 06:57 PM

Also, the system is suppose to auto reset after 3 hrs and won't

Apr 11, 2009, 08:13 PM

Latest.

Thanks for you help. Did quite understand peck (lol) did "tap" it once it was out. Followed instructions as to shut down and restart but found the 2 wires coming from the units gas valve/manual switch shut off loose... just hanging on by the plastic.

We called out the guy who installed it 2 years ago as to why we were not getting good ventilation in one room ( I used to work with him at a school dist and when he installed he damaged the intake which we called back on and in the end I had to fix). Looks as though he set himself up a service call because of the no charge call back... and I was going to have him do the maintenance... think I will do it myself.

Amyway... my wife will have heat for her daycare come Monday.

BIG Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payne furnace cost [ 1 Answers ]

What is the cost of a Payne furnace? Model PG8JAA

New Payne furnace overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I had a new Payne furnace model PG8MAA042090 installed a couple of weeks ago. It has not worked consistently since it was installed... keeps shutting off. Incidentally, we replaced the thermostat at the same time with a Honeywell programmable model. One company came out and replaced the limit...

Payne furnace fan does not turn off [ 1 Answers ]

The fan in the furnace keeps running. The heater and the ac works OK but the fan does not Turn off until I unplug the unit. I plug the unit and the fan starts running again. I unplugged The TOTALINE thermostat and it still runs. I disconnected the green wire at the control board And still...

Payne gas furnace not getting enough [ 3 Answers ]

Gas furnace is to draw combustion air from outside. Installation allows compution air to be feed into the furnace from the left or the right and provides a plug for the unused side. With the plug installed furnace tries to run but the pilot light gets blown out. Leaving the plug out the furnace...

Payne Gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne Gas Furnace that works great until it is time for the blower to click on instead of coming on it clicks on and off once and a while it starts but only goes for a minute or two then goes back to clicking on and off can someone give me an idea of what this could be? Could my board be...

View more questions Search