Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nanafox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 07:32 AM
    Emancipation
    Daughter is 20 years old. We still pay child support to her mother. She is in college. Full time student. We furnish car, insurance, clothes, tuition, spending money EVERYTHING for her. She lives on campus and attends school during summer. We will continue to pay for school etc. When can we emancipate her and stop paying child support to her mother whom she rarely sees or visits?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2006, 07:58 AM
    You need to talk with the attorney that drew up the child support agreement or the court that ordered it. Sounds like you are directly paying all expenses for the child, so the mother isn't incurring any and shouldn't be getting support.
    Nanafox Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2006, 05:57 AM
    Thanks. That is what we were thinking.
    lgvoss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanafox
    Daughter is 20 years old. We still pay child support to her mother. She is in college. Full time student. We furnish car, insurance, clothes, tuition, spending money EVERYTHING for her. She lives on campus and attends school during summer. We will continue to pay for school etc. When can we emancipate her and stop paying child support to her mother whom she rarely sees or visits?
    In most states children are emancipated at the age of 18 or 19. You shouldn't be paying child support unless you were behind on payments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some emancipation... [ 4 Answers ]

My cousin wants to get out of her house (one way or another), and live with her dad. Of course, her parents are divorced. So, should she emancipate or get her dad to go to court? Also, she's 14, soon to turn 15 in July. She says she wants to get out as soon as possible. We live in Georgia, and I'm...

Indiana emancipation law? [ 5 Answers ]

My brother's girlfriend has been being sexually abused by her physically handicapped older brother from the time she can remember. Both of her parents know about it and have done nothing. She's 16. Child Protective Services came and took her yesterday, but returned her to her parents' home,...

Emancipation [ 1 Answers ]

My grand-daughter is 17yrs. And 4mos. Old who wishes to be emancipated from her mother we suggested that she live with us to stop the tension, but her mother refuses to allow this because she says its something that the daughter wants. So my question is what can she do? She wants to stay with us...

Emancipation in Indiana [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are the parents of six children; the older three ours and the younger three are an adopted sibling group; they have been part of our family for about four years. The oldest adopted son has been a real challenge to raise, and to cut to the point, left home when he turned 18 and...

Emancipation [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I was wondering if in South Dakota you can get emancipated before you are 16. Because in march I'll be 15 and I was wondering if I can get emancipated without my parents concent? Mainly because I really don't like it here with my parents they just seem to make my life worse and I was just...

View more questions Search