Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flyddon Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Flashing red light code ?
    OK I have seen the same question asked and followed the instructions, BUT I can't find the meaning of my code on the inside of my access panel.

I have a Trane XE80 with a White-Rodgers 50a50-473 control panel, the heat cycles on and off every 20 30min. The flashing code is (I think) 14 or 41 I looked but can not find a ref sheet anywhere. Any help out there?

Don
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 07:34 PM
    They say (its hard to stop a trane),, its even harder to start one
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 08:41 AM

The fault code to that board my be written right on the control its self, also on the back of the door and if you still have your owners manual. It should be in there. Does this furnace vent with plastic pipe of metal? If plastic I would say you may be having trouble with the drain on it being stopped up.
    kgmect Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2009, 08:23 AM
    Agree with above. Also is the over/temp shutdown shutting down the burner prematurely before the t'stat temp setting has been met for normal shutdown. And it takes furnace that long to cool down and restart again!

Apr 13, 2009, 07:02 PM
    OK it's perfectly clear to me now... it's made in China.

You were right the code is on the unit, 2 through 5 slow flash it is flashing 5 times and 5 flashes mean:

Flame detected with gas valve off

However there is no flame and the gas valve is open??

Any ideas or is it time to call the repairman.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2009, 05:15 AM

in my expericance anytime a board is giving a faulse code. The board is going bad. Turn your switch off on the side I=of the furnace. Wait 15 seconds then turn it back on. Make sure you have the top door off the unit so you can see what is going on. The series of operation is like this. The little vent motor will come on first. Then in about 20 seconds or so you will see glow from the ignitor. Then you should here gas going in the burners. It should light. Then in 45 seconds the blower motor will start. Let us know what stemp does not work and we can go from there. But sounds to me like you are going to need an new control board.

Apr 18, 2009, 04:16 PM
    I did all steps and everything went as you said.
    Flip heat on, upper (little) fan comes
    Thing start to glow
    Gas turns to flame (pretty blue)
    About 20 30 sec later blower fan turns on

All works fine... for about a minute or two... then off,
    Flame goes out
    Little upper fan stops
    30 sec to a minute later blower stops

It is about 70 deg in my house today and I set the themosat to 80 so I don't think it was that.

:confused:
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 01:25 PM

Still falshing the same code? Sorry I was out of town yesterday!

Apr 19, 2009, 03:59 PM
    YES It seems to do as it pleases. This morning it did a 5 min cycle and then shut off... but then about 3 ro 4 minutes later came on and worked fine, warmed the house up nicely.

So I think the best thing to do is replace the control unit... Is it a user replaceable item?

Don
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 04:30 PM

Well really if you get the exact match board. All you have to do is take the wires off one board and put them back in the exact place with the new on. That board has a few universial replacements that can save you up to $50 bucks. And I don't think there any different wiring to them, just the shape of the board
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 05:03 PM
    A restricted vent or a crack in the heat exchanger will give the same symptoms. Ether or is and can be a serious problem. It may be time to call for a service check up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman gmp075-3 flashing code 4 [ 4 Answers ]

Indicates a open limit switch Here some info I'm installing a used funace,, I've had it checked out by a certified guy And we had it running while we checked it out... worked great... Then I installed it in my house,, when I hooked it up and turned it on The inducer comes on, and the main...

I have a kenmore elite dryer flashing an f2 code [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kenmore elite dryer flashing an f2 code and I was wondering if anyone might know what this means or if maybe you can tell me a sight that I might could find the answer to my question because I am not finding it myself. Thank you.:confused:

Flashing oil light [ 1 Answers ]

92 Honda accord lx, well maintained oil change and filter, oil level good, whay is oil light now flashing?

Kenmore md#110.67087600 flashing f2 code [ 8 Answers ]

How can I fix this problem any suggestions?:confused:

View more questions Search