Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrcardenas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 04:37 PM
    Meth and drug test
    My mom is a meth user and I know for a fact she was using in nov. dec and pretty sure she is still using. She is supposed to go for a hair follicle test on Monday. Is there a chance her test will come back clean? How long does it take to get the results back?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 04:42 PM

A standard hair follicle screen covers a period of approximately 90 days, but is susceptible to time variation depending on the growth rate of your hair. The hair sample is cut as close to the scalp as possible and the most recent 3.9cm (or 1.5 inches) are tested. It is possible to go back even further than 90 days since the time is limited only by the length of the hair sample, but is standardized to a 90 day history.

I think it takes 5-7 days to get results, however you can also ask the lab for a rush [if possible], but they may charge you extra.

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does any presciption drug mimic marijuana on drug test? [ 8 Answers ]

Are there any presciption drugs that mimic marijuana on a pee test? Also, does eating asparagus have any impact since it is an alkaline vegetable? Thanks.

Hair folical test on meth, can it detect single use? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a hair follicle test for meth be specific enough to detect a single use. Is there a specific name of a test that can.

Meth drug test [ 7 Answers ]

If I smoked meth early Friday morning around 4 am and I drug tested Monday at 3 pm should I have been clean

Pass hair drug test (meth) [ 9 Answers ]

Can u pass hair test (meth)

View more questions Search