Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonwilliam Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 04:13 PM
    Pilot Relight module for old lennox furnace
    Hi Everybody,

Am planning to install a pilot relight module on my old Lennox model furnace with no motherboard . What kind of module Do I need to go through this process without having a motherboard . I have seens kind of a metal T stat located very close by the ignition module box which I believe play the motherboard role and that beats me anyway.
    Am sure that I need to replace the current gas control and the burner assembly as well.

Any responses will be appreciated
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 04:30 PM

Have you thought about just updating the whole furnace? I really think this is something you should consider, before dumping a bunch of money into a dying horse. If you are deadset on upgrading current horse, please let us know and we will try to help(although I find if hard to justify.) by the time you convert the standing pilot to a spark, or his ignitoin, and change the gas valve and all other parts required, you will have spent about half or more of what it would cost to just replace the furnace with a new high effinciency furnace. (not lennox, but a good furnace.lol).
    jonwilliam Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    Have you thought about just updating the whole furnace? I really think this is something you should consider, before dumping a bunch of money into a dieing horse. If you are deadset on upgrading current horse, please let us know and we will try to help(although i find if hard to justify.) by the time you convert the standing pilot to a spark, or hsi ignitoin, and change the gas valve and all other parts required, you will have spent about half or more of what it would cost to just replace the furnace with a new high effinciency furnace. (not lennox, but a good furnace.lol).
    Thanks for your quick response . Well am planning just to upgrade the standing pilot to spark type . However this will change the pilot to intermittent which is a great convenience and you will have no problem with thermo generator any more .
    Tks again
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 07:32 PM

They make a retro fit kit for this type of job, comes with every thing necessary, costs vary and should be installed by a gualified service tech. Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox Ignition Pilot Control Module [ 3 Answers ]

My problem with my Lennox furnace (model G23Q-3/4-100-2) is blowing cool air, and only occasionally heat was diagnosed as needing a Universal Pilot Module, part #53L9001 also known as 53L90. Question, if we purchase the part how difficult is the installation?

Changing pilot module [ 2 Answers ]

Can't seem to get honeywell s8610u replacement module to work. Original module was S8600. Installed as called for in instructions and will not ignite, but gas is present.Checked grounds etc. all OK. Removed module off second unit and installed on broken unit and it works good.

Byrant Plus 90 furnace will not relight [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1987 Byrant Plus 90 furnace. The other day the wheel on the inducer motor lost a couple of blades. I replaced it installed a new wheel and the motor. Plugged everyhting in but the pilot light would not stay lit. I removed the cover cleaned the pilot light area and the gas orfices. The...

Cannot relight gas water heater pilot light [ 2 Answers ]

After I light it, my gas water heater pilot light always goes out when I release the pilot light knob. This occurs regardless of how long I have been depressing the knob (usually several minutes) to keep the pilot light going after I have ignited it.

View more questions Search