Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fhofsteadt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 01:36 PM
    Independent contractor
    I install satellite dishs. I get paid $30 to do a job. If there is a problem after I leave. The company takes $35 from me. First is this legal and second do they have to report this as income?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 04:52 PM

What does your employment contract or agreement say?

As far as whether or how they report this for tax purposes, expenses are a setoff to income. This is a business expense for them. But are you saying if there is a PROBLEM which they must correct you lose $35 OR if there is a complaint - nothing that needs to be corrected - you lose $35?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 CPT - Independent contractor [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student under F-1 Visa status. I am interested in working for a company under part-time CPT. The employer however is not ready to give me a W-2. They want me to work as an independent contractor and fill a W9 form. (I am sure that I am not a US Person as described on...

Independent Contractor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I will be an taking on an independent contractor position with an at-home call center company. This will be a part-time job. I have never been an independent contractor before and want to make sure I don't get myself in trouble or receive a big tax bill. Do I need to let the IRS...

Independent Contractor [ 3 Answers ]

I am about to begin working online as an independent contractor. I understand that I will receive a 1099 MISC form at the end of the year. That's about all I understand. I live in Arkansas, and I was wondering... what percentage of what I make do I need to put up for taxes? And what if I would...

Independent Contractor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I took on this part time job since last May and immediately they started paying me via Western Union and also Pay Pal. Never once did they ever discuss they'd be reporting wages, I always believed it was "under the table" money. They never had sign a W-9 or an independent Contractor form,...

New independent contractor [ 2 Answers ]

I just took 2nd job--as independent contractor. I don't want to end up having to pay at end of tax year (2006) so can someone tell me what I need to do to pay taxes throughout year out of each check I receive so I don't end up having to pay at the end of the year next year?? I'd rather do it on...

View more questions Search