Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msbeanny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Neverending hotflashes!
    Is Prempro supposed to work for everyone? Is there a build up time, I've been taking it for 4 days and have seen No results, even after doubling the amount.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 10:45 AM

Do not double your doses unless your doctor has specifically advised you to do so.
    The Prempro website is very clear on that matter.

Your doctor will usually start you out on a low dosage,if you find it is not effective,it is best to inform your Dr.ASAP.

There is some evidence that herbal remedies help with hot flashes but do not take them with prescription drugs without knowing potential side effects and interactions.

Some tips,avoid spicy foods,stay in a cool environment.Breathe through the flash and keep yourself hydrated.

I went through it and it is a nightmare.
    I also found chocolate and caffeine to be triggers for my flashes so get to know what your triggers are.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Apr 22, 2009, 01:03 AM

Iam on prempro it took like 2 week to finally get some relief. ANd its by trial and error to find the right strength. Just tell your doctor there not doing it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The mother's name in The Neverending Story? [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the name of Bastian's mother is that he yells out at the end of the movie. This has always bugged me because I could never understand what he said. I was watching the movie last night and I still can't make out the name he calls. Thanks!

Neverending Bad Breath [ 5 Answers ]

I Have Been Suffering With This Problem For Years Now. It Seems As Though I Am Actually Breathing Bad Breath Through My Nose! I Can Enter A Room And Within Minutes Someone Will Say Somebody Has Bad Breath Of Course That's Me. No Sinus Problems No Metabolic Abnormalities Except Pylori Does This...

95civic ex surge neverending! [ 14 Answers ]

OK well just put on a brand new o2 sensor the old one checked out bad and no effect.. the car now no longer throws 43 though.. lets see tried brand new iacv. Tightened fiacv all way down but still sucks a little?. I have also replaced the tps sensor,pcv, and tried a new map sensor replaced the icm...

I am looking for a movie that is like these movies Fantasia,The neverending story ple [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for this movie it is like Fantasia and The neverending story. I remember that there was this boy and that he is in this room with this guy with white hair and he has these balls that he is twisting in his hands and then they walk on the stairs upside down and there is also this...

Menopause - Hotflashes [ 7 Answers ]

I am using soy, evening primrose & flaxseed, exercises to help curb hot flashes and night sweats. I want to add taking Dong Quai and Chaste Tea Berry. Can I take these while also using a natural progesterine cream or will they create a problem if I use them all together? Or is it OK?

View more questions Search