Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Picture quality bad with antenna
    I have a HDTV but I don't have cable or dish network I have an attic antenna and on one channel I am getting very bad reception, or I should say I am getting good reception with lots of pixulating or tiling (which I have heard it referred to). On other channels it is only a minor problem with a blip on the screen every once in a while but with the one channel it is hard to watch, this channel carries CBS.

Does anyone have an idea of how I could remedy the problem.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2009, 07:35 PM

Look into buying a smart antenna.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 08:39 AM

You can use TV Fool to actually figure out what gain of antenna you need. You also have to take into account splitters and line length. Attenuation from the attic isn't taken into account. It will also tell you which direction the signals are before and after the switch. Things could get wore or better after the switch.

Digital signals are all or nothing. I'm in the process of doing a major antenna upgrade because of digital. I loose most of the stations when it rains at the present time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Picture quality on plasma TV [ 2 Answers ]

I need to buy a new TV, but everyone I ask for advice has a contradictory opinion. I watch a lot of old TV, so a minimum screen size of 42" seems essential, so I don't end up with a tiny picture of 20th century TV. I thought a high-end plasma screen would be best, but I've been told that the...

View more questions Search