Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJ06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Laminate Sheets for kitchen counter tops
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get laminate sheets to cover my existing laminate counter tops. Everywhere I have looked they sell the precut counters themselves, but they are standard sizes. I have one counter that is L shaped and very long and that's not standard size I was told. I would have to pay a lot more for a special made one, approaching corian prices.

So, I would like to laminate over the counters I have now. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot.

Ann
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Sep 13, 2006, 06:06 AM
    Home Depot and Lowe's sells sheet laminate. Purchased many a sheet there myself. You can also special order sheets.
    all about brick Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 06:08 AM

What is the best way to cut laminate after its mounted?
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 26, 2008, 03:35 PM
    The home centers or lumber yards can all get laminate pretty quick if not in stock.

Normally the largest sheets come 5' x10'.

You can cut it with a score knife, also at the home center, or faster and cleaner with a router.

If you are going to have a joint in your long run, put the factory ends together and see if is tight. You can either file one or both sheets until looks good, or if you are able, run a router through both sheets at the same time (lap them over one another and clamp the well, and cut both sheets at the same time)

Also they made joint filler in small tubes that match the colors, order with the laminate, and you just fill and rub off, follow the directions on the tube.

If you are doing existing tops in place, it would pay to rent a laminate router, it is small and will get back in the corners, make sure it has a corner type router base.

good luck Roger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repair Corrian Counter [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, my wife put a hot pot on the corrian counter top and this caused it to crack about 7 inches. What can I do to repair it? Anything especiallymade for this. I thought to use tub sealer, but don't want to miss up an expensive top. (more than it already is!) Dom

Balance sheets & Income Statements [ 2 Answers ]

I recently was asked to take a test for an interview on Balance sheets or Income Statement credit or debit. Please give me some examples for Balance Sheet and Income Statements being a credit or debit.

Counter Offer [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to cancel a counter offer that has been accepted? If so how should I go about doing it?:confused:

Corian Counter [ 2 Answers ]

What tool would you use to cut Corian? I have a piece from an old kitchen counter that I want to cut into a 20"x20" cutting board. It is about 3/4" thick and the longest cut I have to make is about 24". Thanks

Counter-Strike [ 3 Answers ]

Ok does anyone know how to change your spray logo on Halflife: CounterStrike? If you know how please tell me..

View more questions Search