Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Sep 11, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Standing All Day - Need Better Shoes
    I am in a new job that requires standing and running around (helping customers) all day. I need a better shoe than my Sketchers as at the end of the day.. my legs are hurting. Would like some suggestions on what shoes to look into. Thanks in advance..

JonB
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 11, 2006, 12:02 PM
    I would try going to a nursing uniform shop. They have shoes there that are specifically designed for standing/walking all day on "cement" type flooring. They come in a wide variety of styles as well as colors.

I just bought 2 pair when I picked up my new uniforms and they are SOO comfortable, I almost don't want to take them off.

I bought 2 different styles, but they are called NurseMates Pillow Top. They have them for men and women.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2006, 12:10 PM
    Check out inserts that have that "gel" in them, I've heard great things from users of them.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Sep 11, 2006, 01:26 PM
    I like J_9's idea about the shoes and would add only this, support hose (as bad or as old as that might make you feel LOL) can go a long way to helping out with the legs. Good shoes and good socks too!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 11, 2006, 01:38 PM
    While I was working in retail, also involving a lot of standing and running about, I found CATs where excellent.
    I tended towards boots, but I also had a pair of their "training" shoes and they where extremely comfortable.
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Sep 11, 2006, 02:44 PM
    Ok... been to a running shoe store and now have a pair of Brooks Addiction 7 shoes. There were 3 things wrong with what I was wearing... to little cushion, too small in size, and not enough support. Ill report on these new shoes. They felt great in the store. Thx all... jonB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shoes in the house [ 33 Answers ]

Hi! I have been looking forever on the internet for an answer, but haven't been successful... maybe you can help. We are getting new carpet tomorrow and we do not wear our shoes in the house... but, when we have company, they will come in with the nastiest shoes you've ever seen! How can I let...

Do you take your shoes off to dance? [ 11 Answers ]

If you're at a club, school, wedding, social dance or wherever, do you take off your shoes and dance in stocking feet? If you do, does your b/f or g/f do the same?

Free-standing noise cancellation? [ 5 Answers ]

A friend without a computer is wondering Whether there's a noise cancellation system That can stand by itself in the middle of an Apartment near a freeway. She really can't Picture herself wearing headphones all the time She's at home. Anyone know of a free-standing Device that...

Bags and shoes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Hey want to know that what are the latest style of bags hand bags which are in almost... and shoes too are there high heel in fashion or low which are in . Thanks...

Standing Shower Drain Leaks [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I read few articles about how to fix the shower drain leaks. I guess some experts suggested to use WingTite. I think the rubber gasket and the threaded top cover is what is causing the leak. The threaded holder seems a bit bigger than the hole of the shower drain itself and I don't know how...

View more questions Search