Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marcia7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2006, 09:21 AM
    401K cash out
    Could you tell me when and how much taxes I would pay if I cashed out my 401K which is $28000.00. Earnings for the year is $52000.00. Would that $28k be added to my income?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Yes the $28K would be added to your $52K giving you a total of $80K, which might bump you up a bracket. There are too many other variables to estimate your taxes. In additon, there will be a $2800 penalty.
    patrick letzig Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia7
    Could you tell me when and how much taxes I would pay if I cashed out my 401K which is $28000.00. Earnings for the year is $52000.00. Would that $28k be added to my income?
    The answer is tes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Penalty for 401K cash-out [ 4 Answers ]

I recently cashed out a 401K. The holding company withdrew 20% for federal taxes, as well as an additional penalty. Will I be required to pay any additional taxes or penalties on this in with 2006 taxes (i.e. state income tax)? Are there any forms or paperwork I should be aware of? Thanks in...

401K cash out, help [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone like a challenge? Lol As you can tell by the title a lot of changes in ’06…I reside in NH but work in MA and collected unemployment in Mass... 1. Laid off 1/4/06…Got residual hourly rate of $1500 GROSS, commission of $500 GROSS and annual bonus of $1000 GROSS… 2. Cashed out...

401k company won't let me cash out. [ 4 Answers ]

I left a company a year ago. Tried to cash out 401k, and was told by law I had to waite one year. I was able to claim some of the money on hardship. Now one year later, and after losing some of the money to stocks, I'm being told I have to waite another 6 months. This is the time of the...

HELP 401k cash out [ 6 Answers ]

12/5/05 I left my employer and had a small 401k. I requested to cash out as it was small amount. 1/06 checked Manual life and account was still listed as active and open. I called Manul life to discuss closing account. I was told need special paper work from previous employer. So called again and...

401k Cash Out [ 5 Answers ]

The company is closing, I'm over 55 and will be able to avoid the 10% penalty when the 401k plan ends. I am fully vested. Understand the state and federal tax implications. Not unemployed and not sure how long that will last. If I roll over to IRA, I can't get access to the money until at least...

View more questions Search