Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnnaERam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 08:49 PM
    Probation officer and Half way house
    If a person is on probation and is sentenced to a prison term of one year and completes it but is still on probation when they are done, can the probation officer send them to a half way house for 3 months? Is that another form of incarceration? If they were not a sex offender can the probation officer make rules where they can not go to a park?
    topend Posts: 30, Reputation: -1

Apr 8, 2009, 06:20 AM

If the person was in prison for one year, then they would now be on parole, not probation. Yes, the PO can stipulate that they go to a halfway house upon release, but more likely that is a stipulation of their parole. There would be a reason the PO would not allow them to go to a park and I'm sure they would know why.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2009, 06:39 AM

Hello Anna:

Instead of asking a question with NO context, please explain exactly what happened and why, and then we can be of more assistance.

For sure, you did something for them to put you in a half way house or did something to be told to stay away from a park...

If you help me, I can help you.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

About my probation officer coming to my house taking bank statements. [ 7 Answers ]

Well the other day my probation officer came to my house well five of them did and went through my things. They took bank statements and my check book. I wasn't there but my girlfriend was. They told her to tell me to call them to see if I could get my papers back.. I'm on probation for fake...

Probation officer [ 3 Answers ]

How do you find someone's probation officer

Probation officer [ 8 Answers ]

Can my brother change his prbation officer in the state of va if he went to high school w/ her ( they hated one another in school)?? :confused:

Probation Officer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all: There's a retired probation officer with the handle magprob. He's trying to hawk a book here. I don't know how much he's trying to sell it for, but don't buy it! He offers a free chapter. I read it. Of course, if YOU ARE a probation officer, then it might help you keeping your...

View more questions Search