Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twister10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2009, 08:48 PM
    Pneumatic termostat
    Dose any one knows how a pneumatic thermostat work?
    And the compressor attach to a air handel unit
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 8, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Pneumatic and hydrolic thermostats and there associated pumps and selonoids/relays are a speciality item usually only encountered in commercial HVAC settings. I am very well versed in these controls but I do not feel like writing a book to cover exactly how they work. You might do a Google and search for a manufactures web site which will have a detailed diagram and other information for you.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 08:20 PM

Pneumatic thermostats function in a number of different ways, one way is by sending air pressure to or relieving pressure from a pneumatic actuator or water valve to allow hot or cold water through a coil in the air stream or open or close a damper in the duct to allow or disallow hot or cold air to pass through duct, this is only a few ways they may work and also become very sophisticated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pneumatic Nailer (Nail gun) [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking into purchasing a nail gun and compressor to use for attaching molding and building furniture (toy chest, coat rack, etc.) Does anyone have a suggestion of what type of nail gun I should get for these types of jobs? Thanks Matt

Pneumatic Flushing Systems [ 2 Answers ]

I look after the building services for the Banqueting House in Whitehall London. In the toilets we have a pneumatically controlled flushing system that have Fordham Syphons. I am trying to locate a company that can supply new syphons as Fordham's no longer manufacture these. Does anybody know of ny...

Termostat wirng [ 3 Answers ]

I got a termostat White Rogers the wiring that I have is different,at the old one I have (red,black,white,green) anyone?? :confused:

Pneumatic thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how a pneumatic thermostat, such as Honeywell or Johnson Controls manufactures, works or suggest a reference source.

Pneumatic framing nailer issues. [ 2 Answers ]

No longer able to fire nails and wondered if plunger/striker is sticking because I failed to add oil in-line with the air supply? Used to be that when the magazine was empty the nailer would leave a huge dent in the wood where the nail should have gone. Unit is firing but no evidence the...

View more questions Search